AI players unable to select & send cards whatsoever

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.20322.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

AI players will never select a deck nor send any cards throughout a Skirmish match.
This significantly weakens the AI across the board.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Start a Skirmish match with any AI players (for example 1v1 Extreme AI on Colorado, as pictured).
  2. Observe the AI never send any card nor choose a deck, ever (probably best observed by watching the recorded game afterwards).

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

AI selects a deck of cards and is able to send them.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

7 Likes

Was wondering why the AI was so easy to defeat. Hope this gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

Well that explains why I’ve suddenly become a better player lol. I’m experiencing the same thing.

3 Likes

I’ll tack my own encounter on to your report for more info for the devs :grinning:

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 20322
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

AI never selects a deck

AI is earning shipments

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

AI No cards.age3Ysav (2.3 MB)

4 Likes

it happens regardless of mods, so its not directly caused by the script, but something deeper.

if the Ai revolts it can and will use the deck provided.

1 Like

Man, i use to play agains ai with a friend that feels more comfortable that way, no we can’t until its fixed. Please devs check this along tje aztec bug for a hotfix!

1 Like

YESSS thank you for posting this!

Now the Extreme AI is no fun. I hope they fix this soon.

2 Likes

Really want to enjoy the new patch but not until this gets fixed. The patch looks great other than a few bugs. Please fix soon!

1 Like

Thank you all for the report(s)! This issue has been escalated to the team for review!

7 Likes

Lol skirmish mode players…RIP

All single player content is bugged in this patch, as campaign homecities won’t unlock cards when progressing

Thank you. That is a separate issue being tracked in your discussion thread over here:

1 Like

The problem concerning AI that don’t have deck still occurs after the hotfix 21704.
I don’t know the frequency, if it’s always the case or not. (For now it’s 2 out of 2 games)
In the screenshot, I took the AI inca player, but all 4 didn’t have any decks.
In addition, now some AI can be almost brain-dead (settlers stay at a low numbers, no army), like in those postgame screenshot the pink and red AI. (Treaty 40min)

It’s the second time that an Ottoman AI player is like this, in our records…

2 Likes