[AI suggestion] AI units will target hero units in battles at huge costs to its army

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: current build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Hi devs,

Another suggestion from me regarding AI: Whenever I take my explorer/monks/warchiefs with my army to attack the AI, the AI dedicates it’s efforts solely to kill my explorer at severe cost.

While it targets my explorer I can literally kill AI units one by one and reduce its numbers while I lose much fewer units and my explorer.

So I know that the explorer is worth a lot of XP, but trying to hunt down the explorer, particularly with melee units is very dangerous for the AI. They can sometimes literally walk in circles around enemy units trying to reach the explorer.

In the case of African enemies, the explorer when surrounded by troops can be very hard to kill because of the fealty aura. So it’s better to kill other units instead.

For the Native American and Asian civs, I think it makes sense to target the hero units since they give a lot of bonuses to the armies, but for Euro and Africa explorers, definitely not.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Build an army against AI and put your explorer in it.
  2. Attack AI
  3. AI units choose to kill explorer before other units.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

AI will focus on other things instead of only the explorer. It preferably will try to hunt down what it can directly counter while avoiding its own counters (something it can somewhat do now).

1 Like

Hello @DiplexBoss6, we are discussing this internally. :+1:

3 Likes

Hello @DiplexBoss6, we are now tracking this issue. :+1:

3 Likes