- GAME BUILD #: 101.102.18071.0 (#83607) 111796620
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
At the start of a game with AI teammates, the AI will run towards your sheep if they:
- Are visible (not fog of war)
- Have not yet been claimed by the player (even though they are almost beside your TC)
The AI teammate will continue to run towards and stop at your sheep only after arriving, even though you have since claimed them. So, you are forced to not have your scout move away until the AI has fully arrived. This results in a worse start, as you cannot discover or claim other sheep, which in fact may then be lamed by the enemy.
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start a game with yourself and seven other AI players. Megarandom seems a good map.
- Quit the game and try again if you start with your scout / villagers already near (and thereby selecting) your sheep.
- Notice the AI teammate heads towards your sheep and continues to head even after you claim them. This is particularly bad if the teammate is Celts.
Instead, the AI could:
A. Claim the sheep but send them to your TC if within a certain distance of your TC. This is what a human teammate would do.
B. Stop moving towards the sheep as soon as you claim them, so they you can then move away without risk of the AI taking them.