Air trail on the arrow path

As we can see below, now the archers in Age IV lay an air trail after shooting an arrow. I know that is a feature that many games have, but personally i don’t like it. It just ruin the atmosphere in the battlefield.
I’m aware that also helps to quickly know where and what are your archers firing at, but at the same time it turns what happens on the screen very cumbersome.
Age I, II and III didn’t have this feature (wich i know that is kind of irrelevant at this point what the other AoE had or not) but i feel it just doesn’t fit at all. Also, the fact that the trail, most of the time, go in straight lines, without decay curve, like if the arrow trayectory went in a geometric form.

Remove it or at least make it slightly visible.

5 Likes

Bro, everyone knows that arrows were rocket propelled back in the day. The slavs barbarians were the one to first use it, using a bow making technic called “Katyusha”.
Seriously tho, is it necessary? fells like something a The Settlers game would implement, ruining my immersion and the realism in the game.

5 Likes

Really i never knew why some games emphathised so much this like if it was necesary. It ruins the visual of the game in an incredible way, and never, but never, looked great and it’s helpful as they think it is.

4 Likes

It should be light, it looks like they are shooting piece of a rope.

1 Like

What is next, graves instead of corpses?

6 Likes

It would be too gore for Isgreen :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

no flowers directly.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of arrow trails either

5 Likes

I’m so confident in most of the player disliking this “feature” that I even suggest make a poll about it.

3 Likes

Your desires are my orders :slightly_smiling_face:

Should Age IV have this feature?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

Why jimmy? just… why?.

1 Like

It certainly needs to be little lighter.

3 Likes

I voted against arrow trails, but if they were super super light/transparent… practically invisible, where you don’t really notice unless you’re specifically looking for them… maybe then they would be okay for me. At that level, they might subconsciously add to the game rather than consciously detract from it.

3 Likes

Yeah. Agree with your points wholeheartedly. Many of the things they’ve shown are keep pissing some people off. Relic is better off leaving all of the aesthetic options as a toggle. It’s a PC game for god sake.

I like the arrow trails tbh, but i do see the issue of it being “too visible”. They could make it an option so we choose how visible it is (from invisible to completely visible)

As much as good as it can be, i presume that it would be a very long list.
Anyways let’s hope they do it, for extensive and tedious that making all that kind of stuff adjustable be, it would bring a wide range of settings preferences to the game and everybody will adjust the game and play it the way they like.

1 Like

Well… looking at recent comments seems like the poll should have a 3rd option:

Some members voted on “like” just because they would like to be lighter/transparent.

In my opinion, this can’t be an option to the poll because it’s the actual solution :grin:

The thing is that developers may have more work to do to implements this, but I’m not sure about, maybe it’s not that complicated.

1 Like