Al-Ghafiqi from Tariq Ibn Zayid campaigns is not present in Tours Historical Battle scenario

I expected to see Al Ghafiqi to be represented in Tours scenario. He actually died in this scenario. I can’t help but to say I was kind of disappointed he wasn’t there. I thought devs would enhance campaigns with new eye candy and making it more challenging but why it wasn’t improved? What you guys think?

1 Like

I think its too early to go around saying “I thought devs would enhance campaigns with new eye candy and making it more challenging but why it wasn’t improved” over a single mission.

Maybe it just happened to fly over their heads , maybe this is something that us pointing it out will result it into becoming a thing in a following patch after release.

Hopefully, they’ll go back and include some updates to some scenarios that could use them, such as Tours as you say, though it may not happen.

I have to wonder why - in the pre-release screens we saw that was William Wallace 7, Genghis Khan 1 and Saladin 1 missions - the devs chose not to include the updated eyecandy that we saw there, it’s a shame because those looked really great. :thinking:

Speaking of, I found a really neat detail in Saladin 1 with the updated Pyramid Complex. All of them have some of their outer stone casings which shows erosion, Khufu’s pyramid (the largest central one) even has the robbers’ entrance modelled on. There’s even a nearby ruined building, what I assume to be a satellite building. But what I thought was the most intriguing detail which could also just be a coincidence, is that they opted to keep Menkaure’s pyramid (the smallest one) entirely intact which is interesting because it wasn’t until Al-Aziz Uthman who attempted to demolish them, starting with the smallest but he couldn’t but was able to inflict a large gash upon it instead - this guy also happened to be one of Saladin’s sons!

1 Like

We also got Hero units like Saladin, Barbarossa in editor. I really wanted them to see in scenarios. At least 1 or 2 games.

Yeah, that would be cool