All civilizations need ranged anti-mercenaries

They were definitely up to some shady (even criminal) stuff but they were still law enforcers. Even if they did criminal things, they were on the side of the rich and powerful so they weren’t going to become outlaws.

If anything, a Pinkerton upgrade should also give Spies a bonus against outlaws since they were hired to track outlaws like Jesse James and the Reno Gang.

2 Likes

I think I’m using the term “outlaw” far too loosely, and referring to any western style gunslinger. In this game all the outlaws sign up and fight for a nation state legally so they aren’t quite outlaws anyway

1 Like

I would also like that the spies and their derivatives also have multipliers vs outlaws and natives.

2 Likes

They used to have an antinative bonus

I think the anti-native unit should be the outlaws. It would be a good way to counteract the French or the United States that greatly enhance the natives.

2 Likes

Record Game.age3Yrec (6,9 MB)

I don’t think any dev will ever look at this rec, but I’ll give it a try anyway.
This game is an example of how mercenaries can totally change the game. I ask again, please add effective anti-mercenaries for ALL civilizations.

1 Like