All civs matters! (some balance is still needed)

I know they need 100% their gold, and I’m okay with that, but if not skirmishers, at least they should get onager

Free Balistics is a bad idea - the power spike in early Castle Age would be way too big. They’d have a literally unbeatable army for the first 4-5 minutes in Castle Age. Balistics is expensive for a reason.

Free Fletching goes into the same direction, though probably not as bad as free Balistics - but I’m still very sure that it would be way too strong. Maybe it would be okay, if it required a Blacksmith to be built (that could actually be an interesting option).

1 Like

I want something for goths, maybe the final forge upgrade would be enough. For economy, i would replace his boar bonus with a bonus of making the huntable animals last longer. Or even taking food from dead wolves, idk

Option 2 is definitely doable, it’s how the Amgyar bonus used to work

The concern is not if it is doable, but if it would be too strong :wink:

For Vietnam, cheaper armor upgrades would be less powerful, and give a longer and more shallow spike in each era starting in the Feudal Era, where they need it the most.

Plus, it combines well with the bonus hitpoints that archers have, and that Battle Elephants can get.

2 Likes

The thing about defensive bonuses for vietnamesse is that every other archer has offensive bonuses for their archers (and not bases of a tech) i think the meta for the archers is not fight other archers but to raid vils.
Goth should get an eco bonus. The one aboyt hunting animals giving more food is an interesting one.

Since the Turks cheap upgrades in AOK no longer apply today because there is no bombard tower or hand cannon upgrade, I think they should get something to make up for this.

Would free thumb ring be realistic? This would help them get decent cavalry archers to get to imp and then be able to use their strengths.

Free thumb ring goes similar to free balistics or free fletching into the same direction. Turks are pretty strong with gold in the Castle age and the beginning Imperial age and very weak in the late game because they don’t have the elite skirmishers and even the pikemen.

Improving skirmishers line or spearmen line would be really helpful to their weakness and also avoid them be too overpower after updating.

I’m okey with them about having bad trash. Don’t give then pikeman, but they need elit skirmishers, or maybe, some bonus agains archers, at least

Kamandaran (Persian UT) ripoff anyone?

Well, the persian castle-age tech is a rip off from forced levy, so…

Anyway, I don’t think it’s the way to go from turks. Plus, they unique techs are quite good, and I would take neither of those out.

I’m still waiting for khmer, goths and vietnamesse buff. Specially vietnamesse. Those civs need help, man

Yeah, but trash swordsman-line isn’t that of a huge problem compared to trash cav archers

Trash CA 111. Lets go! Lets give Khmer trash Elephants while were at it!

1 Like

Yeah, trash CA would be too much. I was just saying it wasn’t a rip off, but yeah, it would be broken.

Elitr skirmishers would do for turks. I’ll always say it

2 Likes

I play Turks, Vietnamese, and Khmer often… they’re some of my favs.

Vietnamese 1vs1 Arabia or gold rush is excellent… you know where to scout quicker and their archers are buffed.

Khmer have arguably one of the best team bonuses… no other bonus affects a unit’s range. Think about how well they pair with Celt and Mongols. Then if they really get comfortable you can get your Ballista Elephant/monk army which defends while you siege very well and lasts…

As far as Turks go, they have always been that way. The question is if you want to play a very different play style than any other race. I have more trouble with massed Cavalry when I use them and Black Forest can be a cat and mouse game because Turks can’t cut trough trees easily with Onagers. So tricking the opponent to engage the +2 Bombard Canons with Trebs or Onagers can help you win the early gold war and then raiding with Hussars or sieging from tight spots with canons and Cav archers can be the way to go. On open maps you really have to establish yourself for feudal (early MAA rush to fast castle for example)… getting to castle for Cav archers / light Cav isn’t too difficult… Turks are excellent teammates

Vietnam could benefit from having their Rattan Archers be cheaper or faster to train.

A Rajas Civ could benefit from Elephants trained faster or the Elite upgrade is cheaper. Free Cav or Archer Armor upgrades is another idea.

For Turks, perhaps swapping the Cav Archer HP UT with the Gunpowder HP Civ bonus will help them gain an advantage in Castle Age. Maybe give Janissaries a small buff, non-elite.

For Goths, increase their Infantry bonus vs Buildings per Age. Maybe give them 2H Swords in Castle Age.

I don’t think ratan arches need a buff per se, since they’re pretty much the best thing about vietnamesse. I think they need some eco bonus, maybe free blacksmith upgrades. Sames goes for khmer. Altough elite battle elephants could regain the 16 attack they used to hace (or 15, at least)

Há muito para se fazer para deixar todas as civilizações balanceadas. É só olhar o campeonato do Nili, poucas civilizações foram escolhidas e sempre as mesmas se repetindo.

Falta bônus ou econômico ou militar em algumas civilizações. Talvez liberar algo que não possuem, tipo no Turcos que não possuem escaramuçador.

Os vietnamitas é uma das civilizações que eu gostaria, particularmente falando, que ganhassem um bônus e se tornasse uma civ jogavel.

O ideal era fazer com que todas fossem jogaveis. Atualmente é um numero muito restrito de civilizações que valem a pena jogar, principalmente de forma competitiva. Na ranked vemos quais ? Maias, Francos, Lituanos, Vikings, Portugueses, astecas, chineses, hunos, malaios e italianos.

There is much to do to make all civilizations balanced. Just look at the Nili championship, few civilizations have been chosen and always as they repeat themselves.

Some civilizations lack economic or military bonuses. Maybe release something you don’t have, like Turks that don’t have a skirmisher.

The Vietnamese are one of the civilizations I would like, particularly speaking, that earn a bonus and become a playable civilization.

The ideal was to make everyone playable. Today it is a very restricted number of civilizations worth playing, especially competitively. In the ranking we see which ones? Mayans, Franks, Lithuanians, Vikings, Portuguese, Aztecs, Chinese, Huns, Malaysians and Italians.

1 Like