"All military units" hotkey need FIX

“All military units” hotkey must not select scouts and monks, this is the reason why this button is not only useless, but it can also harm you. Because when you want to collect all the troops that are available you either have to search the list of all scouts + monks and delete them from list (What wastes your time and attention alot) or do you forget about it or do not have time and in the end you lose all your scouts and monks in battle or disrupt them from their main task (scout and carry relics)
I hate this so much, I can’t imagine how inconvenient it is for HRE or the Delhi Sultanate with their scientists! :rage:

8 Likes

That hotkey should not be used in any RTS. It is much better to use control groups for controlling your armies. How can you deal with being raided while attacking the enemy if you try to control your entire army using one hotkey?

Better to unbind the Select whole Army key and develop habits that works in every RTS (using control groups for armies).

1 Like

It is quit handy to gather all your troops spread through your base after you have been raided by cavalery, and your whole army is spread out.

Another thing i would love to see, …

Getting ports disconnected from the F1 key, (all military buildings)

I am used to drag the spawn point with me in battle, and my ships always end up over the whole coast line because of this.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right. I’m also annoyed with this. The “All military units” hotkey should not select scouts and monks. Please developers exclude those from the shortcut.

1 Like

I add the mongols buildings too. Anyway with the new controls patch will be better at least but no perfect.

I raise this topic because I want the developers to pay attention to this :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Toks4700 Yes an important topic. The all military units shortcut should really exclude monks and scouts.

1 Like

I fully agree. I hate to position my scouts always new.

1 Like

There’s certain situations I find it useful although I try to avoid it. I agree though it shouldn’t select Scouts or religious units. Nothing worse then using it then having your monks you were sending for relics suddenly on the front lines…

I think I speak for almost all HRE players when saying this would make our lives much easier when controlling prelets is such a huge part of the civ.

1 Like

Look on the bright side, at least your mobile lumbercamp/windmill/quarry doesn’t get selected and decide to charge into battle. XD

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone who has been waiting for this change! The developers are great fellows and listened to our opinion for which many thanks to them.
Here is the information from the new patch “Select all military units, Select all idle military units, and Cycle through idle military units, hotkeys will no longer include Monks, Delhi Sultanate Fishing Ships or Mongol Packed Buildings.”
:+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Excluding Scout too plsss xDD

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s sad that scouts are still considered military units, but at least something…

1 Like

Thank you for the change developers. But please also exclude Scouts from the all military units hotkeys. Especially when you have some scouts patrolling it is annoying to select them with the hotkey all military units.

1 Like