Ottoman Empire

Regular looking units: Springalds, Mangonels, Ribauldequins, Trebuchets

Archer:

Spearman (with no spear lul)

Crossbowman

Great Bombard:

Mehter :

Ships (4 different kinds)

Galleass type ship (forward mounted cannon)

Knight

Spahi. Horseman/Cav Archer/Combo unit?

Jannissaries
Man at Arms

Imam/Vizier?

Malians

Regular shown units: Siege Tower, Battering Ram, Springald, Bombard

“Tamba” Javelin Warrior

Donso

Sofa Horseman unit (note the lack of lance or spear while charging)

Archers and Gunpowder infantry

Woman at Arms (Musofadi warrior)

Scout

Villager

Mine Shaft (Lul that was in my civ design for Hungary, but Malians are also relevant)

Cow

Imam

Ships (two types)

Demolition Ship

10 Likes

The Horseman/ Cavalry Archer for Ottomans is either a Kapikulu Sipahi or an Akindji.

Is the cow a unit? Is it trained from a building like the Celtic Sacred Deer/Indian Sacred Cow or spawned from another unit like the Norse Raven?

2 Likes

That picture of the knight. Can you tell me who he’s fighting? That orange knight with the triangle shield.

Here is a wider picture. Is orange Rus? The knight is next to what looks like a warrior monk, but does not look like a Rus knight.

I guess i am just hoping there is a third civ that will be announced that has warrior monks like Rus because they are also part of the Orthodox Church (Byzantines).

Edit: It’s the Rus. I just checked. Was really hoping they snuck in a Byz reference.

1 Like

As far as I know ottomans did not use crossbows. I have suggested several months ago, Turks should not have crossbows. Are there any sources claim that Ottomans used crossbows?

They did use them, just not to any great degree. And I’ll bet with Age 3 janissary, most players won’t be using them much either.

2 Likes

Clearly It’s Rus knight