[Almost] Every game since July 2021 Update has crashed

Hello !

Same here, i crash on every games => return to desktop but only multiplayer.

Nah, I played both side (got deco, and my opponents got deco), but the game just end a minute or two after, no worry there.

Seriously:

SP Replay v101.101.50292.0 @2021.07.08 203553.aoe2record (2.2 MB)

SP Replay v101.101.50292.0 @2021.07.08 204459.aoe2record (2.2 MB)

Why are my games crashing lately?

1 Like

I just played a game that froze directly after the last enemy had resigned. Game became unresponsive on first mouse click and about a minute later it crashed to desktop. Log dump file is uploaded below, with .txt added manually.

AoE2DESteam-50292-2021.07.08-22.51.14.mdmp.txt (318.1 KB)

Log dump exception:
ā€œThe thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.ā€

Age2CrashReport.txt content:
GameID=7EEC80B5-83FA-4E21-8EA1-AC58432F2A31
LastSessionGuid=E01E952E-12A3-4A07-B949-D5F986AB762F
LastUIScreen=UnknownWPFGScreen
LastSessionState=7

2 Likes

game keeps crashing and sending me to my desktop after update tried a uninstall and a reinstall same issue FIX IT!

1 Like

AoE2DESteam-50292-2021.07.11-07.51.52.mdmp.txt (194.7 KB)
Same problem here, crashed in SP and RM, steam version 101.101.50292.0 6958215.
Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

Disabling every mod seems to solve the problem in SP (maybe pure luck, just two games), still crashing in RM.

1 Like

#MeToo

Since update 2 out 3 games have return to window in single player.

1 Like

Hi all,

in my case it turned out that the problem was caused by a deprecated version of capture age! I installed it several months ago and maybe the integration of CA into AoE2 is only compatible from a certain version (Iā€™ve seen several streamers with CA play without a single problem). Once I have uninstalled it I have played two long games (late imp) without a problem, but probably updating it to the last versions is a valid solution as well.

1 Like

I am playing 1v1 against AI and it locks up and crashes, sending me to desktop.

1 Like

AOE2DE crashes to desktop in campaigns too sometimes during the storyline/audio that plays before or after the campaign. Sometimes mid-game.

1 Like

6 of 7 ranked games crashed after July 2021 update, MS Store version, never happened before this update !!! VERY SERIOUS ISSUE

1 Like

Had a noticeable uptick in crashes myself. I donā€™t get how this update made it to production with these kinds of issues.

Not a lot of time to devote to more games right now but Iā€™ll upload memory dump next time as well.

1 Like

Same here. Most of the crashes happen on the stats screen after a game ends. But had some mid-game crashes as well.

2 Likes

Signing out of Xbox Live seems to have some positive impact on the crashes.

Tested for three games with no crashes.
Iā€™ll continue testing tomorrow.

2 Likes

To me, crashes even in the skirmish mode. Always when the game is in the victory screen and does not count to the events milestones.

1 Like

also to mention - in stats screen - timeline has screwed players colours

I am getting this often too. I am going to try to unsubscribe and remove all mods and try to play.

1 Like

Same here. Often times I can finish a game but as soon as the Victory message appears the game crashes to desktop. At first I thought this was only with Sicilian but itā€™s with anything. Both single player and online.

I tried verify game integrity on steam but that did not fix anything.

Edit: I can confirm that @lizardgartixa 's suggestion to sign out of Xbox Live works. I just played two games without problem!

2 Likes

The game keep crashing for me too in sunday I try to play but the game crashes in the middle of game or in the Victory menssage in single or multiplayer for the desktop. This happens when trys to play with sicilian but now with any civilization. Some times the games freeze but the games continuesā€¦

FIX IT because it is annoying

The same in my case, in about 4 days I have already experienced about 10 crashes in multiplayer. Playing in non-rated or ranked games, both in team and 1v1, normal or ew. I tried disabling all mods and still crashed.
Generally, the game closes completely, I go to min 5 to 40, after the other players have resigned ā€¦
2 different things have happened to me:

• one that the game closes completely, no error message or anything like that
  • Another thing that has happened to me is that the game ā€œfreezesā€ as if it had been disconnected from the server, the menus work, but it does not allow me to write or receive messages within the game. I suppose that it disconnects from the server, but it does not warn as it has done on other occasions, and it does not reconnect, it just stays there.

By passing me on so many different occasions, the truth is that I have not been able to find a ā€œpatternā€ to help, although I do not think it is only one thing.

I would like to pass the mdmp of the last game that happened to me, but the forum does not allow to upload this format ā€¦