Alt + Right Click crashes Game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:100.13.690.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Every signle time that I accidently use the alt-key and rightclick at the same time, my game closes without any errorcodes or such things. Just kills the game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a multiplayer match vs real players or AI (must be a multiplayer match though)
  2. Alt + Right Click
  3. Loose ELO

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Well I want to see huntables’ HP in order to herd properly, where I need both alt and rightclick at the same time. I want to be able to do that without chrashing my game. Same goes for micro intensive fights where i want to minimize overkill.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• Cant use Gamefile, as Game keeps crashing

Hello @Dopsch1997, Thanks for your report! We’re tracking issues with the alt+right click attack move, mainly that you cannot rebind /unbind the new flare menu option. Do you know anyone else that has been crashing from this?
I would recommend to delete the Users folder found here: C:\Users\Username\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE\ID number\Users (This will delete your keybinds too). This might solve the issue, but I would back up the User folder just in case you would like to restore it later.

Hey, thanks for the answer! Yes, on the German AoE Discord we have several people who had problems with this. At least 4 or 5 that I personally know. Most interestingly, I also have a secondary account so i can play with my lo ELO friends. It doesn’t crash there although the Hotkeys are the same and I am playing on the same PC.

I just tried the fix, and it doesn’t do anything for me sadly.

A friend also reposted a possible solution which basically disables the popup flare menu on screen through a change in the code. But I didn’t want to play around with the data.

Hello @Dopsch1997, let me know if this is still an issue or not!