Alt + right click garisson, bug (or at least frustrating feature)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD [Version shown in menu: 101.102.22327.0 (#87863) 11543327 ]
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I came back from break. Set up settings, mods, and then playing. Right away in first game yesterday I feel frustrated and furious because I experienced new garrison with alt option which I can’t disable. I started reading online about it but didn’t find any reports or tips how to turn this off. Please make it as optional at least or delete it. It wasn’t there before (I have break for 6-7 weeks)
and makes in some situations game harder or impossible to play because you can’t micro vills around it, and in defense you have lower chances if you have been using it before or even it’s impossible to defend.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. select vills or any military you can garissom in particular building
  2. click alt and then right click trying move units around it
  3. Your units vill garrison in building instead of making building unclickable to make micro around it easily

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Clicking alt should let me click around building without any interaction

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Also what’s funny other bug appeared in video. When you are placing buildings sometimes it disappear for some time when you click hotkeys very fast.

As far as I’m aware Alt+Right click garrison was always in the game (although making it customizable would be good).

What changed is that buildings hitboxes no longer are restricted to their graphics, but rather encompass the entire bounding rectangle surrounding their graphics. The hitboxes need to be fixed so they no longer take up such a large and unnecessary area.

2 Likes

It might be it. I make other post about hitboxes in example of TC. But I came back to the game and my habbits can’t apply to the game and I am pretty sure it wasn’t a thing before because of my muscle memory. Maybe you should cover this bug with buildings in video? Explain why they are so diffrent than before :slight_smile:

@TWest6709 maybe you have idea about that one also? :smiley:

The worst part is I already have a video covering this issue… they just made it worse by having it apply to all buildings instead of foundations. https://youtu.be/n0EmCGZKXn4

no, infact we use alt + garrison feature in a daily basis in every game we play. this feature has been around for ages and should NOT be changed.

adding an option change this maybe, but would not be a bug because it isn’t one.

Then I agree it’s not a bug, but I don’t remeber that I used it ever, just alt made buildings non targetable. I assume that @TWest6709 suggestion is right that bug with bigger buildings hitbox target my attention that it’s unnatural for me. Anyway making it as optional would be very nice from devs!