Am I the only one who think African DLC won't be that good? And want the next DLC to focus East Asia?

I would also prefer East Asia over Africa but having Tibet in-game seems unlikely.

1 Like

Same, but I’ll buy any DLC with interesting civs/mechanics.
So just give them to me!

1 Like

Tbh Kongo and Songhai re verwidely known and even Zimbqbwe is weirdly popular, with Benin slithtly behind. I think people wouldcare more about those civs than about Sicily or Burgundy or than about Gokturks, Khitans and maybe even Jurchen/Manchu

3 Likes

You mean we couldn’t even get the Vietnamese as a civ, since they were part of China at some point? Too bad, I think we could have got quite an interesting campaign with this Le Loi guy fighting against the Chinese domination over his country.

Wait…

3 Likes

Vietnam is a separate country not something the CCP is claiming as part of China.

2 Likes

“I am the only who thinks that an African DLC Is better than a China DLC?” Just rework china and add something to represent Tibetans wihout naming them “Tibetans”

3 Likes

Sure, but it was part of China at some point and the post I was replying to said that no people that was ever part of China would ever be in game.
Also, Le Loi campaign’s putting the Chinese as the invaders was actually risky and it seems it didn’t have bad consequences.

4 Likes

Agreed. The above DLC shouldn’t have been released in the form that it was.

Confused about what are trying to say. There is no Chinese campaign.

There is. In fact, Dracula campaign should’ve been for Romanians not Hungarians. Don’t know much about Javanese, but isn’t it called Malay campaign? Malay = Indonesia, Java is the former capital of Indonesia.

1 Like

Didn’t we already had a campaign for the Vietnamese? In Age II DE we have it as a civ, if I am not mistaken.

I sure will. I personally hated Lords of the West DLC and consider it the only DLC that should never have been released the way it was. The rest I love and hope for a major expansion and possible inclususion in the “Full game” if another iterations will be made (and soon).

Yeah but campaigns arent that strong to pull off more people to the game.

Javanese and Malay are diferent peoples

Which market would that be beyond those 4?

swedes? there aren’t that many of them and they are covered by vikings, no?
a place lake Ghana or Kenia has way more people, not to mention Congo or Nigeria.

also north america is pretty empty, although I’m not convinced by any of the civ concepts I’ve seen for this region

Well, it will be better then have none. Don’t forget that Koreans and Japanese don’t have one either and you have a good 3 campaigns for E. Asia. We can also add the Philippines History of the Philippines (900–1565) - Wikipedia but I don’t think there will be enough people who will play them.

So? Doesn’t mean that we should include them. I mean, there won’t be a marked for them. Plus, are we gonna break Indonesia in half? I won’t mind it if that will happen, but for that we would need to move Malay and Javanese to be on one island. For that we would need to rewrite the UI, as including them as separate faction in a DLC will make them lonely.

Yes. Vikings campaign (specifically Erik the Red) will be a nice addition. Swedes as a separate faction will be good too: Swedish–Novgorodian Wars - Wikipedia

1 Like

Don’t forget Hong Kong and Macau. :smiley: Also, nobody really cares about what’s banned in China. The game is American.

1 Like

I just assume that was a joke. A pretty good one.

1 Like

I wasn’t here when the request for Poles was made but in my heart I also was in favor for Slavic campaign.

Yeah, I was sarcastic. The Vietnamese campaign is exactly what I describe it as.

I don’t really understand what point you’re trying to make…

Personally, I so wanted them to do just that. I won’t mind if devs will fix the geographic issues in Lords of the West, by either moving those civs to a European map or rename W. Europe into S. Europe and move Sicily, Bari and Sforza campaigns there.

Pretty much what I am saying is that if we will add Javanese as a DLC on a separate map, they might become lonely. PS: Just like in your example with Saladin if we will move it to the Middle East. :wink:

Adding to it the fact that there probably won’t be a market for them to be included as not many gamers probably would be thrilled to play as Javanese. A Japanese campaign is more then welcome. I bet there are plenty of Japanese that play this game only for the katana sword alone (or the Japanese UU doesn’t have it). :thinking: