An AoM Definitive Edition cant be done in the actual engine

Maybe in March they say something…

1 Like

I mean the models and textures aren’t set by the engine anyway. No matter what engine they choose to run it with. It is more of how the engine handles those models and textures.

What they probably improve upon is lighting and rendering of the engine and ofc the foundations that help build the gameplay.

Along with some QoL.

But often times people mistake what the engine does and what is built on top or imported into.

I just hope the buttons have more color and easy to the eyes like the flatness of AoE4

1 Like

They will be the usual buttons only in high definition…

dam, i was playing at 6 fps versus ia on 4vs4, this engine is not good

What FPS do you get in AoE3DE in a 4v4 though?

It also depends on your hardware of course.

hardware has nothing to do, its the engine or something else

The better the hardware is the better it can deal with a bad engine.
And obviously the other way round, the more optimised the engine the less powerful hardware is required.
It always has to do with both.

Considering they are apparently porting AoMR to the AoE3DE engine, the important question is if AoE3DE 4v4 matches run well on your machine.

So what are your CPU, GPU, RAM GB, OS, specifications?

I don’t exactly know

no bro, your knowledge is short, there are many games that have exactly the same fps with a 4090 rtx and a 3000 series gpu, no matter the cpu etc.

Unless someone literally coded in a sleep that should not be possible.
Also GPUs don’t matter in this case, it’s CPU, RAM speed, etc that makes the difference.
Hardware always matters, but it depends on the game which component matters the most.
Just try running it with a 10 years old computer and you will notice the difference.

make a test using the best cpu and best everything you will get 6 fps on a 4vs4 7 players being IA

I can do that, I can even test a 6v6 because AoM allows that (I hope they won’t remove that feature in AoMR).

I happen to have the best CPU and close to the best everything else.
I can also run the test on one of my older machines but I don’t have Windows installed on any of them so that could impact the results.

As I said before it’s not possible to write code that runs in the speed on every computer unless you literally code in some wait time (sleep command).
I’m not implying that you have a bad computer. There are games that were literally unplayable on hardware that existed when they released, like the VR mode of Flight Simulator 2020, that was unplayable on any GPU that existed when it released but now it’s playable with the latest GPUs.

But that is besides the point. The actual important question is of AoE3DE runs better. Because that’s apparently going to be the engine for AoMR.

Maybe an example why devs just #### for months and don’t talk.

AoE3DE doesn’t seem to run better. There seems to be this made up fantasy that it was ‘vastly improved through the years’ to handle things better. If anything it shows basically it’s the same engine, but different game type/units on it. I bet if you also put 300 pop onto AoM like on AoE3 and have a 3v3 or 4v4,it’d do the same type of fps lag on AoMEE at the moment.

Yet it’s questionable why they added the FPS lag to both AoE3DE and AoMEE, since compiling to 64bit alone and that doesn’t seem to matter. The originals actually do perform seemingly better in performance when simply ran on the same Operating System, it’s just that no one would pirate or install those unless they are using an ancient service like voobly to play online or have issues.

I kinda agree that it’s kinda strange that we didn’t see any concept or some official facts yet. Similar to other games recently which also makes me not really scared but quite a bit concerned.
Also even I am open for AoE3DE engine it will of course share the weaknesses and I personally (if my opinion would count) would want another newer engine for the game for the sake of waiting a bit longer… but oh well maybe for AoM2 in the future then hopefully.