An interesting Article on gamestar

I’m using google translate because i don’t know german:

Age of Empires 4 - Is it already announced at Gamescom?
Microsoft Announces a Great Age-of-Empires Surprise During the Livestream on Aug. 21 - Is Age of Empires 4 Coming?

By Sandro Odak, 19.08.2017 12:30 hrs

0 39 2 5
Microsoft announces a surprise at Gamescom, something the company has not done for a long time. Is it Age of Empires 4? (Mockup graphics) Microsoft announces a surprise at Gamescom, something the company has not done for a long time. Is it Age of Empires 4? (Mockup graphics)

On the E3 2017 Microsoft announced the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - out of the blue! Even then, we asked ourselves: Why? Just to bring back an old favorite brand or to position it for a new game?

In our analysis video, Michael Graf and Maurice Weber were certain: there is still something big. And maybe it will be very soon. Microsoft announced weeks ago “something big” for the Gamescom. And that could now be calculated Age of Empires!

On Monday, August 21, 2017, at 9:00 pm, Microsoft will deliver an Age of Empires Livestream. And in the announcement, the company promises to announce “exciting news from the [Age of Empires] franchise.” Does this mean that there is more than just gameplay from the 4K remaster?

Is the real-time strategy dead? - This is what the makers of C & C, Warcraft 3 and Age of Empires say

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Announcement Trailer for the new edition
1:48 Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Trailer for the new edition

Phil Spencer suggests something old

However, the phrase “exciting news about the franchise” is not yet the only reference. Also Phil Spencer, head of the Xbox department at Microsoft (which also includes the PC game division), ominously indicates something the company “has not done for a long time”. So maybe a new part of the famous strategy series.

consequences
Phil Spencer ✔ @ XboxP3
Reply to @OfficalGamingXT
We are doing something. I’m excited about it.
23:04 - 16 Aug. 2017
62 62 Replies 114 114 Retweets 424 424 “Likes” information
Twitter Ads Info and Privacy
So far, however, this is only speculation. No one of the rumors and none of the theses that we compiled in this article are confirmed.

Who could develop it?

The original team, which founded the Age-of-Empires series, no longer exists. In 2009, Microsoft closed the Ensemble Studios after the release of Halo Wars. The obvious answer to the developer question is therefore: Creative Assembly. The London studio has already continued another ensemble of Ensemble: Halo Wars 2.

Also possible: The team Forgotten Empires could do it. The former Mod team has demonstrated years of passion for the brand and demonstrated that it can make substantial AoE campaigns and extensions. The Definitive Edition of Age of Empires 1 is also being developed by the FE team.

A third but less likely option: Robot Entertainment could return. Tony Goodman founded the studio together with other ex-ensemble-folks, and “watched” for Microsoft through the Age-of-Empires franchise and Halo Wars until 2011. Afterwards they founded the Orcs Must Die series and got investments from the gaming giant Tencent. Whether the relatively small studio can now do commissioning again, is therefore unlikely.

Revealed for the real-time strategy - Where the ■■■■ is Age of Empires 4?
3:17 Revelation of the Real-Time Strategy - Where’s the Hangman? Age of Empires 4?

Which scenario does it cover?

And now to the question, which it all users under the fingers Itching: If Age of Empires 4 really should be announced, in which scenario does it play then? So far the series has always evolved in time, beginning in the Stone Age (Age of Empires), moving into the Middle Ages (Age of Empires 2) and culminating in the American Civil War (Age of Empires 3).

If Microsoft continues to turn the wheel, Age of Empires 4 could play in the 19th century or even reach the modern age or the future. But if fans really want that? Tell us your opinion or hope for a possible age in the comments.

On Monday, we will find out whether it really is a thing of the future. On August 21, 2017 at 21:00, Microsoft will broadcast the Age of Empires Livestream on its own streaming platform Mixer.com. Until then: keep your thumb down that our theory is true!

So, do you think a new AOE is possible?

I doubt Microsoft is going to do a 60 minutes streaming show only for AODE…

I hope I can get up to see the stream. It’s on early in the morning when most people sleep ;p