Anarchy cannot be forced on other Civilizations

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: latest
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: LOSER4ever

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

When using scenario editor (to create scenarios for fun or for actually playing), the Gothic Castle Age Unique Technology Anarchy cannot be forced successfully onto other Civilizations, ie even after having forced the Technology, Huskarls are not available at Barracks. This is not the case with Marauders.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the scenario editor.
  2. Choose a civilization other than Goths.
  3. Set a trigger to research Technology (anarchy) and force it (because it is limited to Goths).
  4. Place a Barracks (resources and houses aren’t needed).
  5. Start the game and you won’t see Huskarl at Barracks.

:arrow_forward: POSSIBLE SOLUTION AND EXPLANATION

:question: I am listing my own solution which I have tried and understood through Genie editor.

Explanation:

1. There are two Technologies: Anarchy (some attatched cost and time) and Barracks Huskarls (free), both of which are listed for the Goths.
  2. Anarchy has no effect (rather a blank effect), whereas the 2nd Technology makes Huskarls available. The 2nd Technology has a pre requisite Technology, Anarchy.
  3. Even if we force the first Technology, nothing will happen because “nothing was meant to happen”. So we instead need to force this Technology.
  4. Technologies which have no cost/time are not listed in scenario editor. So this 2nd Technology cannot be forced.

Solution:
A. Make Barracks Huskarls available for all civilizations (minimum requirement Anarchy is still there). [Set civilization = -1]

OR

B. Transfer the effect of this Technology to Anarchy and remove this Technology entirely.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

1 Like