And now I have a cause to live!

Sure, I’m super happy they released the definitive edition. Im super happy about the balance updates, the support with additional maps, the way they listen to the community in terms of balance changes. They do a great job with a lot of things and I am thankful for that. I also understand that this support comes at a cost, and they need a way to make money from that. I just wished this support would not have to be paid with new civilizations. I mean, I am not necessarily against new civilizations either, I just don’t care for them, but we run into the problem, that it either will likely be civs that don’t have a lot new going for them, or civs that will introduce too many gimmicky mechanics. In addition to that you have the awkward situation we are in right now, where we already have umbrella civilizations representing the civs that are coming out fresh.

I wouldn’t have picked the civs they picked either to be honest, especially when there are still completely unrepresented world regions.

I personally would welcome optional new architecture and unit sets for existing civs too, but I don’t know if that would be interesting enough for other people.

I personally would wait for a sale for campaign only DLCs. They don’t interest me nearly as much as new civs or the content I suggested just before.