And now I have a cause to live!

Guys!!! Do you know what this empty field means???
I suppose we will get a new DLC with at least 3 new civilizations!!!
AMAZING!!!

6 Likes

Dinosaurs, Aliens and Animals s/

at this point they won’t ever stop making new civs

6 Likes

No, at old UI we had a gap. At new UI they must put 3 gap because civ quantity is 37, 5x7+1.

If they add Terrans, Protoss and Zerg I will support this. But if they put random civ. We have 37 already. (Joke)

It’s possible I can’t deny it. But I am not sure how new civs would be because Burgundians and Sicilians had bonuses lack of imagination. Bonuses like HP, attack speed, speed and armour is cool. But researching early, all of Vils are armed now, every TC spawns units… Boring.

There was a TV series about dinosaurs eating people called Primeval, it ended (including the Canadian spin-off series) on a total of 49 episodes. It has been 8 years, no special or “the movie” has emerged to get that up to an even 50. (The unrelated film about a giant crocodile does not count.)

Nice big round numbers tend not to be the most important factor in these decisions. And that’s all that a squarish layout like this is in the end, a nice big round number.

Just for fun though, 2 more civs could work as well, 3 rows of 13 civs and the bonus information above or below it. Or 5 more civs could work as 6 rows of 7, with the random and mirror buttons moved to the side. 8 more civs would give 5x9, which would start getting kind of cramped shrinking the symbols or using eiither smaller text or a smaller unique unit picture, but 7 extra civs would fill the space up really nicely if they let go of the rectangular formation and put the top 4 on either side of the random and mirror buttons. And 7 would be a pretty good number for being able to do both South Asia and North America. But then where do we put the extra 2 or 3 Sub-Saharan African civs? :wink:

1 Like

Would you want them to stop?

All I ever want is more civs and campaigns.

4 Likes

I want 100 civs. They even added bonuses that I could’ve never thought of in this DLC.

3 Likes

Me too. More civilizations, more new campaigns. It’s great

5 Likes

All I ever want is a game that doesn’t crash a couple of minutes after a match starts.

If we at least have that, all DLC are welcomed IMO.

My game does not crash, it runs butter smooth except for some MP lag, from time to time.

1 Like

You so lucky.

I wish I were you.

Joke

I do not know what the joke is, but my game runs incredibly well and optimized, so I guess I have the last laugh.

pretty sure the devs said more campaigns are defo coming, which means more civs also have a potential to exist, but i wouldnt use a gap on an interface as the defining factor on whether there will be more civs, i dont think theres a way you could have 37 civ matrix without a gap or odd field

3 Likes

Thy did say that Lords of the West was just the first expansion to AoE2: DE.

5 Likes

Maybe it depends on your computer, not the game. I haven’t got any issues with the game on my PC. Maybe freezings time to time when a vast amount of units appearing

1 Like

With the direction the current civs went, yes.
I would have been perfectly fine with just keeping the civs we have, improve on balancing and then in a half year or so when the technical difficulties are solved just leave the game as it is. The game has awesome content, and survived for 20 years. It clearly does not need new content to continue so. I prefer the game getting into a state as balanced as possible, over adding more to it.
There are already enough units in the game that are rarely to never seen because they are useless. Balancing those will already provide enough content in my opinion.

1 Like

What do you mean? The game was dying before Forgotten Empires, because servers were closed, M$ abandoned the game and no balance changes!

4 Likes

Did anyone see DLC for Definite Edition of any other game? It’s an ingeniously turn. I want that in other DE of my favorite games be the same

1 Like

HD is literally a mod pack which people paid money and paved the way for DE, so new content brings money and players.

It would be great if they do add 3 more civis to match the civi count in the original expansion.

2 Likes

So you are just telling me it was dying because the servers were shut down, and didnt receive any support not because it didnt get new civs.

Support can mean a lot of things. I’m happy that Forgotten Empires and Microsoft picked up the Age of Empires franchise again.