...and what about Decisive Games?

@rhrmn said:
From a Google search the latest I can find is Decisive Games was disbanded last year.

Oh @dariakus

It was a lot longer ago than that…

@rhrmn said:

@“Andy P” said:
Decisive Games never got off the ground and is no longer on the runway.

Age 4 will not take place in an era after that of AoE3.

Around and around we go.

I hope the announcement in 3 weeks finally closes the book on AoE IV discussions. It has been a long decade.

Or maybe they will extend it for another 10 years.

@“Andy P” said:
Decisive Games never got off the ground and is no longer on the runway.

Around and around we go.

Age 3 already started to push things a bit technology-wise. I’m not sure more modern tech than that would feel like Age of Empires anymore. We’d be talking about a very different game. Modern (and future) combat RTS games have been done. Age occupies a rather unique historical space that it would be a shame to abandon just to stick to that concept art piece from the old art book.

Creative Assembly has tried to fill the gap left in Age’s absence with the Total War series, and while they are at the nuts-and-bolts level significantly different styles of game, I think their success shows that there’s still a healthy appetite for historically-based RTS games.

Long story short–I hope any future iteration of Age sticks to history and block formations of troops, and the most advanced vehicles that make an appearance are siege engines (and if they can slip a Dardanelles gun in, that’d be great).

Follow them, Are mods, games like 0 A.D, Project Empires, Empires Apart and Project Celeste.

What about Gas powered?

@Augustusman said:
What about Gas powered?

After AoEO they kinda ran out of… gas.

They tried to start an RPG Kickstarter project but ultimately gave up on that and got bought by Wargaming.

@“Andy P” said:

Did a mod just confirm AOE 4 ?

@sonictimm said:

@“Andy P” said:

I’m just a player who knows nothing but pays very close attention. I do not know that AoE4 is confirmed.

@sonictimm said:

@“Andy P” said:

As he says, he knows nothing, but AOE3 being set when it was was kind of devisive in the AOE community.

If MS does AOE4, it will likely be set in Classical or Medieval times, rather than in the modern era.

@Plasticcaz said:

@sonictimm said:

@“Andy P” said:

As he says, he knows nothing, but AOE3 being set when it was was kind of devisive in the AOE community.

If MS does AOE4, it will likely be set in Classical or Medieval times, rather than in the modern era.

I would love continuing with some kind of Age of Empires set in the Modern Era, World Wars period… but it seems too risky for the playability… so what about a ‘‘super’’-Age of Empires going from ancient times to Middle Ages (or even the conquest of the New World)? An AoE with about 6 or even more ages featuring the great classic Age of Empires periods with amazing new 3D graphics, new content (maybe a light-castle builder, like in Castle Strike)… this would be a safe bet.

The only problem I see would be the playable civilizations. Starting with Franks in the Stone Age, or conquering the New World with Minoans is not legit. Maybe a system like the one in Empires: Dawn of the Modern World? There you start with a medieval faction, and when arriving to World War times, you switch to a modern faction (for example: if you were England, can select between USA and United Kingdom).

Ugh… in any case, after that wonderful AoE: DE I will need AoE IV too.

@the_choson_one said:

@Plasticcaz said:

@sonictimm said:

@“Andy P” said:

I would love continuing with some kind of Age of Empires set in the Modern Era, World Wars period… but it seems too risky for the playability… so what about a ‘‘super’’-Age of Empires going from ancient times to Middle Ages (or even the conquest of the New World)? An AoE with about 6 or even more ages featuring the great classic Age of Empires periods with amazing new 3D graphics, new content (maybe a light-castle builder, like in Castle Strike)… this would be a safe bet.

The only problem I see would be the playable civilizations. Starting with Franks in the Stone Age, or conquering the New World with Minoans is not legit. Maybe a system like the one in Empires: Dawn of the Modern World? There you start with a medieval faction, and when arriving to World War times, you switch to a modern faction (for example: if you were England, can select between USA and United Kingdom).

Gosh I love Empires: Dawn of the Modern World! And yes, that would be acceptable as long as we can choose the starting and the ending ages.

@the_choson_one said:

@Plasticcaz said:

@sonictimm said:

@“Andy P” said:

Have you played Rise of Nations?

@UnknownMortal said:

@the_choson_one said:

@Plasticcaz said:

@sonictimm said:

@“Andy P” said:

Of course, another amazing RTS game. But there is exactly the problem I was talking about: you can play from ancient times with USA, Russia, French, British, Turks… and it seems no legit to me, so unreal.

And clubman fighting a Panzer

Age of Mythology 2.

@CagierNebula24 said:
Age of Mythology 2.

¿And what would you add to the original one? There will make no sense adding new ages, and there are only a few more ancient ‘‘important’’ mythologies around the world… so maybe a new expansion (just like Tale of the Dragon) for Age of Mythology EX would make more sense. If so, I think a Mesoamerican (mayan/aztec) mythology would be amazing. But I think an Age of Mythology 2 is nearby-definitely discarded.

@the_choson_one said:

@UnknownMortal said:

@the_choson_one said:

@Plasticcaz said:

@sonictimm said:

@“Andy P” said:

Of course, another amazing RTS game. But there is exactly the problem I was talking about: you can play from ancient times with USA, Russia, French, British, Turks… and it seems no legit to me, so unreal.

Man, there will never be a game totally connected to the true human history for the simple reason of possessing much information, any designer and game dev would cut and shape the story to be more fit in a game, regardless of gender. by the way, the Rise of Nation can do very well cultural adaptation over the ages, for example: If you go with a Native American civilization (America when I say is the whole continent okay?) Or with an African as the traits evolve Of culture remain and adapt.

What you are wanting goes far beyond what games can bring.

There are many games, donit better than RoN, the saga total warfor example, is far superior in these aspects.