Animals..where are they?

I have been playing the black forest map fairly exclusively and a few games in I realized what I kept feeling like I was missing…animals! No sheep, no wolves, and no fish in the ponds. I thought well maybe it’s black forest but it doesn’t seem to matter what map, the only animal that I have seen are fish and that was on the ocean/sea maps, still no ponds. Yet when I played a joan of arc campaign I ran into wolves. Is this working as intended or is something off about my game somehow. Tyia!!

2 Likes

So far I’ve only tested random Single player games to test out new mechanics and figure out new hotkeys. I’ve always had sheep/deer/boar/wolves or their equivalents.

I am starting to think I figured it out. I think it has to do with a resource setting. When I set it to Ultra High, no animals. When I have it on Infinite or the lower than Ultra High setting, I have animals again. Anyone else see this?

I have the sane problem, bu for me i have rearely animals at all, and i have done what you have done with the settings, but for me no animals. really weird