[Announcement] Civbuilder Showmatch (Hallis vs. Modri)

In case you missed it, here are links to the data mod and the UI used in this showmatch:

Caught some of the games. Such a brilliant idea that I’ve seen people asking for since joining these forums. Thank you very much for hard work. People like you make this community such a joy. tips hat

1 Like

Anything new @KrakenLord9254 ?
I liked watching these games, they were really refreshing, regarding the currently quite stale meta.
And surprisingly even games with a lot of different strategic approaches.

At least for me it was really fun to watch.

1 Like

Actually, yes. I have a second showmatch in the works as well as a tournament + competition. Details are still tentative, but I’d love to hear feedback!

Civbuilder Showmatch II
TURBO Showdown

4 Likes

yes thank you. any idea what the players will be? sad i have to wait a whole month but im still super excited. any changes to some of the bonuses like the +1 attack to galleyes per age?

Not too sure on players – Sitaux showed interest earlier but I don’t know if he can make it. I changed the galley attack bonus the moment I saw it from T-West & Ornlu’s POV because it was indeed overbearing. I haven’t made any other adjustments to bonuses – just website improvements that should make it much easier for spectators to view the civilizations (civs can be shared with direct links now).

1 Like

Ah yes. The most strategic approach was definitely the OP Cataphract game. :joy: :wink: :wink:

Were you the Krakenmeister who played in the T90 community game? I would assume so, but I want to check.

Yes, I was. Quite an intense game, unfortunately completely forgot about my kings at the end there.

1 Like

How did you feel about getting exploded twice? Was it intentional killing kings at the start?

The second one was intentional, actually. I figured that having a slow start would give me extra diplomacy to work with in the end game, even though score doesn’t matter all that much in a post-imp situation. But for whatever reason I was targeted because I was weak, which still doesn’t make much sense to me.

1 Like

Only 3 days left to the next showmatch.
I hope it will be as entertaining as the last one.

[Announcement] Stop spam the mod section