📰 ANNOUNCING the AGE OF EMPIRES: FAN PREVIEW Event, beginning April 10!

They probably think it is not worth supporting AoE 1 anymore.

Personally, I think a lot of news can still be added there. New civs and campaigns - the number of which is as much as the cat cried.

Very excited, hope that u added Saracens faction in the launch.

1 Like

I am hyped for the new content but why nothing about AoE1…

3 Likes

:smiley:wohohohoh
听起来不错

pretty optimistic thinking AOE 3 get Poland at least with this DLC.

issue with AOE 1 is that at its core it’s not a terribly great game.

it spans way too much of a time gap in history and does a terrible job at representing the periodes it covers.

it would make more sense having 2 games for the periode rather than the 1 we got.

1 Like

Are you saying this as a fact or what you want?

As what he wants. I don’t think it’s as likely as @DarthPyro4335 makes it out to be that we’re getting Poles in either of them.

If I had to guess, we’ll be very likely getting Ethiopians and Italians for AOE3. I suppose more India is likely for AOE2.

2 Likes

i dont think we get italians in this DLC, maybe a future european expansion but most likely we are looking at 3-4 african kingdoms.

3 Likes

There’s two DLC planned. One of them is sure to be African themed but the other one is a wildcard. I really want Italians added. maybe two civs for each DLC is what I’m thinking.

2 Likes

Imagine getting 6 new civs one per continent. Total dreams

1 Like

In Europe, only 4 new civilizations are enough: Austrians, Poles, Italians and Danes. It would be hard for me to find two more - it would be nice to see the Greeks and Serbs / Bulgarians (but they were not empires at the time, and were part of the Ottoman Empire. They gained independence at the end of the game timeframe). In Western Europe, there would most likely be Belgians and Sicilians (for Italians to represent northern Italy), but these are also not very suitable civs for this game.

For other continents it fits perfectly (except Oceania because there were too small civilizations - but perfectly suited as minor nations on the maps - Maori and Aborigines).

It seems to me that we will get three free African civs (in exchange for the lack of African DLC for the classic AoE 3) and three more in the DLC. A total of 6 new African civs (3 free and 3 paid). Why do I think so? Because I think the creators will want to equalize the number of non-European civs to, for example, 6 civs.

Anyway, it would be stupid if you could play civilizations for which you have to pay for in Historical Battles.

Nothing to say but HYPE !!!

2 Likes

Any chance to add Steam Remote Play Thogether?

That doesn’t seem practical.

What makes it impossible?

I said practical not impossible. You already use a good portion of a keyboard to play the game. Could you imagine splitting it up between 2 players or running a second mouse. As far as i know thats how the feature works. You would lose a some of your hotkeys to a second player making it impractical.

That’s how it worked in the olden days it doesn’t work that way anymore you can have shared play nowadays with two completely separate mice and keyboards defense grid two is an example of this

As far as I know, Steam Remote Play Together does not require the same keyboard to be used by both players.

I would rather like to have a proper campaigns for those civilisations that had just one or two missions.