📰 ANNOUNCING the AGE OF EMPIRES: FAN PREVIEW Event, beginning April 10!

WO LO LO!

The Age of Empires team is thrilled to announce a celebration of the franchise with a new event: the Age of Empires: Fan Preview. The event begins with a special, half-hour broadcast starting at 9 a.m. PT on April 10, which will be streamed live on AgeofEmpires.com, Twitch, Facebook Live, the Xbox YouTube channel, and Bilibili for our fans in China! Following the broadcast, we will open a limited-time digital experience on AgeofEmpires.com to continue celebrating with the community for the week to follow.

Whilst we don’t want to spoil everything we have in store, we know that you’ve been eager for more glimpses of Age of Empires IV since the first trailer at X019. Our broadcast will include a new look at gameplay, civilizations, campaigns, and more for you to enjoy! We will also be sharing some exciting news for our Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition players, as well.

Since the release of Age of Empires over 20 years ago, the franchise has grown to support a worldwide community of players with a shared love of real-time strategy. Over the last three years, we’ve delighted seasoned players and new fans alike with the Definitive Editions of Age of Empires, Age of Empires II, and Age of Empires III: projects which were made possible thanks to the feedback and passion of the community. We are so proud to have such an energetic, dedicated fanbase at the foundation of our community.

…and with the Definitive Editions in the hands of players, there’s a new era on the horizon…

The community has been the driving force behind this amazing franchise and fueled its evolution for more than two decades; now it’s time to celebrate with an event built for YOU!

So, mark your calendars:

April 10 @ 9 a.m. PT /12 p.m. ET / 16:00 UTC / 18:00 CEST

Countdown to the event!

Then garrison yourself in your Town Center, gather your snacks, and get HYPED for all the Age of Empires news, content reveals, and surprises on the way. We’ll talk more about the event as we get closer, as well as where you can tune in when it’s time to make history!

We can’t wait to see you this April!

Want to stay in the know?

Keep a close eye on AgeofEmpires.com and on our official social channels!

And while you wait, come join the discussion!

35 Likes

Excited to say the least :smile:

4 Likes

More AoEIII content is very much wanted!!!

12 Likes

Nothing for AoE 1 though. Anyways HYPE for AoE 2 and AoE 3 Roadmap!!!

9 Likes

Reveal us news about upcoming new civs of aoe2 and aoe3, otherwise it will be a disappointment.

7 Likes

Finally news about AoE4 :heavy_heart_exclamation:

We need this in these very difficult times.

12 Likes

As a huge AoE II & III fan curious about AoE IV, this event promises to be really SICK. Love it. X)))

5 Likes

You people, obsessed with civs

5 Likes

Sounds great but no mention of AoE1 :broken_heart:

8 Likes

All the reasons to be excited about :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Same, but I’m not a new civ fanatic. There are loads of other content they can add, saying new civs or disappointment is stupid(imo)

1 Like

This I can agree upon, but considering they mentioned new civs in the trailer even, it’s very likely new civs for both AOE2 and AOE3.

3 Likes

My hype for these Age of Empires IV announcements is above any measures!
That said, why aren’t any new content for the first Age of Empires? The job you guys have done on the graphics and soundtrack is amazing, why not more civs (as this game have never had new ones since launch, in opposite to Age II and III), some gameplay twists, like gates and a caravan unit for land trade, and new campaigns?
I’m rooting for being taken by surprise by anything new related to this game in the near future!

2 Likes

I believe they were referring to AoE4, as you can see from the trailer it says new gameplay, THEN civs and campaigns. The gameplay, civs, and campaigns are all for AoE4, though I have no doubt that we will see new civs for AoE2 sometime in the future.
I would love to see some content for AoE1 along with AoeE3. New civs for AoE1 would be incredible, as both AoE2 and AoE3 DEs got new civs, but AoE1 DE didn’t

btw I;m bwcamp from steam, this is my microsoft account, finally got it figured out to send the email. :smile:

1 Like

yaaaas Poland coming for both aoe2 and 3 can’t wait

4 Likes

What do you think polish bonuses and uu would be?

AoE 2 DE

Unique units - Pancerny

Cavalry with Ice ax (weapon) - a polearm and slash polearm consisting of a long shank ended with an ax, usually small in size, somewhat similar to a ciupagi. The ice ax differs from the battle ax in a more delicate, narrow iron, a prominent, hammer-shaped head and usually a longer handle, i.e. a handle. Still used in the Middle Ages, although superseded by heavier battle axes and swords. From the 16th century on, they became popular again in countries having close contacts with Turkey, mainly in Hungary and Poland.

Until the 18th century, Polish cavalry was equipped with ice axes. In typical combat ice axes, the hammer was often additionally notched to prevent it from slipping when hitting the opponent’s armor.

Unique technologies

Castle Age

Folwark System is a technology that is unique to the Poles and can be researched at the Castle. Once researched, Farm provides + 500 food. Farmers work 20% faster and have + 5 HP.

Imperial Age

Szlachta (Nobility) is a technology that is unique to the Poles and can be researched at the Castle. Once researched, Pancerny can be trained at Stables and it gives Pancerny +2/+2 armor and + 3 atack.

I’d love to see some other new East European civs as well:

• Czechs
  • Serbs
  • Croats
  • Romanians

But I know that we will not get that much, so I would rather count on umbrella civs for Serbs and Croats, for example.

I would also like to see Georgians and Armenians, but that’s in the Asian DLC.

2 Likes

It is possible that the event will be accompanied by soundtracks as a gift.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the devs would remove AoE I from the franchise if they could, they’ve completely given upon the game that started the franchise.

1 Like