Another player exploiting the ladder. When u going to do somethinga bout it?

After a year they tried to fix this issue. They didnt even fix it fully, since we still have a mess on the TG ladder as result of the past. But the adjusted calculation is also exploitable, like you show with your post. It is already well known in this community that you can exploit the TG ladder using this method.

Since they really needed about a year to try to solve the first issue, i have no real hope on a quick fix for the new calculation. Just to show some (reasonable easy fixes:

1. For premades pick the highest elo and use that elo for matching purposes and for the average elo in the elo update formules. This will mean Doggiemay will count as 3.5k player and this duo would teamed up with and against other 3.5k player.

2. The maximum elo between premades might not be larger then 500 elo (500 is an example). If the difference is bigger, then the lowest elo’s will be raise, so they meet the criteria. With this newly fictive elo for just this match the elo updates are calculated and matches are made. That means Doggiemay will count as 2945 elo in this game. So both will still get match against much better players, and they cant really boost the main account elo any more.

3. This is almost the same as (2), but now you are just limited to 500 elo difference. if the difference is larger, then you just cant team up any more.

4. There are some people suggestion some Log-scale average calculation. This option will kind of have the same kind of results of (2), but for most players this calculation is harder to understand.

5. There might be even more solution, which i cant think of.

Most of these solution looks like they are easy to implement and will at least fix this issue. But in the end i do expect a fresh start of the TG ladder, since the devs still have to clean up their mess of the past. I dont really see another option then just a full reset.

2 Likes