Any hints for "Porto" AOE2 DLC?

Call them Europeans all you want, they’re more considered as a unique culture that can have their own architecture and were tied with Tamils/Cholas and Bengals as long requested civs so there’s no reason for them not to have an upcoming expansion for them.

If this was a big expansion I’d love to have both Caucasus and Indian civs but I doubt it’ll happen.

@RadiatingBlade edit: Be respectful towards other forum users.

18 Likes

HUzzah!! A man of quality!

3 Likes

That reddit user is me. I had a small chat with the creator of AoC’s “Portugese Civ Mod” who also works for Forgotten Empires. He confirmed on his own Discord server that because past codenames spoilt the DLC content, they now go with random names instead. AoE 3’s codenames for the DLCs e.g. were Belfast (African Royals), Buffalo (US Civ) and Bucharest (Mexico civ)
The codenames for AoE 2 DE are therefore now random names that start with P.

13 Likes

When is it? January is ending.

1 Like

Bantu shouldn’t be a civ, they are a culture group which Congolese and the Shona from Zimbabwe are part of. Having them introduced together with Congolese would be like if the Slavs had been introduced together with the Poles while still being named Slavs.

5 Likes

In fact both aren’t European at all

8 Likes

PuP has dissapeared, so expect the new patch coming soon and news about the DLC

2 Likes

Definitely not Europeans my dude. Even if they were, they are super relevant to the history of the Middle Ages. And, as you’ve noticed, most of the civilizations are European, which means an intertwined history with them, and that means there are even more reasons to include them. I understand how you want variety; I want it too. However, they are very important civilizations and no-brainers that should’ve been added with the Cumans.

7 Likes

Probably next month, I’m guessing.

Really? I’ve seen someone else claim that but when I go look for it it’s still selectable and I can still access the PuP forums. Others people reported the same too.

Yes, it’ still there.

I’m hoping for South Asia: Chollas and Bengals

3 Likes

Really I just want more Elephants

3 Likes

Of course,it seems to me that it goes that way…a naval dlc that improves precisely the naval civs…

2 Likes

Predictions/wishlist

1. Tibetans and Jurchen
  2. Hindi and Dravidians (+Bengals or Afghans if 3 civs)
  3. Romanians and Georgians (+Armenians or Serbs if 3 civs)
  4. Congo and Swahili (+Kanem or Benin if 3 civs)
6 Likes

Porto means “port” in Portuguese, and is the city where was born Henry the Navigator (Portuguese leader in aoe 3),who financed the Portuguese overseas expeditions of the first half of the fifteenth century…

Porto is also a type of whine so maybe they will be buffing Burgundian vineyards and nerf Franks by making their units drunk when they get close to berries Kappa.

3 Likes

Ok,so let’s just call them Congolese and Zimbabweans or Rhodesians…

I would go for the last…since the first one is somewhat controversial…the second would be interesting but you would have to balance Indians,the third would be interesting but we already had two dlcs set in both Western and Eastern Europe and the Caucasian would again play in part Eastern Europe…but we’ll see what happens…

1 Like

I’m really hoping 3 as we have 21 new achievements. We had 16 and 18 previously.

2 Likes