Anyone who played Age of Empires Rise of Rome lately?

@AlexSpartanΛ said:
oh it works…thank you so much!! do you know how to fix AOE II too?

I think just buy this o:)

I’m from vietnam, here we have a bout 1 milion people still playing this game everyday, we have been playing AOE ROR over 10 years…we have a lot group, comunity or clan, someone even rush their life by playing this game, you can find it on youtube, a lot made by vietnamese, I think MS should have interview with vietnamese.

@playerfromvietnam said:
I’m from vietnam, here we have a bout 1 milion people still playing this game everyday, we have been playing AOE ROR over 10 years…we have a lot group, comunity or clan, someone even rush their life by playing this game, you can find it on youtube, a lot made by vietnamese, I think MS should have interview with vietnamese.

Wow. Never knew that. But indeed, that’s an huge market for M$.
Funny that a lot of people (including myself) thought that this game wasn’t that popular anymore, not considering about whats happening at the other side of the world. :smiley:
I will look up some video’s on youtube. Thanks!

Come to Viet Nam
We play AoE 24/7
No kidding!

I’ve played Pre-Rise of Rome recently, where you’re not able to queue units. (I have both, dont ask why i play that over Rome cause i can’t give u an answer xD)

@BridalParsley95 said:
Come to Viet Nam
We play AoE 24/7
No kidding!

When I’ve got the time (and money) and finished my study. I want to travel.
If I ever go to Viet nam, I won’t forget packing a laptop that runs AoE DE smoothly! :smiley:

wheres the servers for viet ror games?

I used to play a lot, now every once in a while. Lost all the friends I used to play on GR, I think everyone went static. Now don’t know anyone to play with on MP. I use the UPatch to get a feel for the DE balancing

i played this game, 2 weeks a go, very good game, my besti favorite RTS, i don’t like the patchU, i love classic, or official release.
for all users, Age of empires 1 it’s compatible in W10.
the only problem and insert the demo campaigns in the official game, as in those Hittite does not go on the story, but you have to start AOE instead of AoE-ror

@Inevitable said:

They play on several different clients. I think the easiest is Gameranger. They play the unpatched version of RoR (instead of patch 1.0a) and most of them don’t speak English, unfortunately. There are also 1.0a games on gameranger and Voobly if you prefer that.

@AKC_HellStriker said:

@Inevitable said:

They play on several different clients. I think the easiest is Gameranger. They play the unpatched version of RoR (instead of patch 1.0a) and most of them don’t speak English, unfortunately. There are also 1.0a games on gameranger and Voobly if you prefer that.

Ok cool, being Australian and from the good old zone days i’m used to playing against Korean’s that barely speak English.

This evening I’ve played a RoR campaign on my Surface Book with Windows 10 x64 to celebrate the good old times.

I play all capaming lately, those months, but isn’t the only RTs I was playing.

Have not played in a year or so since I got rid of my laptop but very eager to get back into it, been satisfied with AoE II lately!

Last RoR memory:
4 player FFA with the AI on hard or very hard…tried to wonder rush and all 3 ais catapult invaded me (converted quite a few) but one catapult got by and my wonder dreams were crushed.

Unfortunately non-upatch RoR “FFA” vs AI is really you vs every AI, as AI would usually be neutral and not attack each other. But you? You are enemy #1, so they all come for you!

@sniem said:
This evening I’ve played a RoR campaign on my Surface Book with Windows 10 x64 to celebrate the good old times.

Did you use an external monitor? If not, what display setting did you use?

No, the Surface Book display. I ran compatibility tool and everything went fine from setup (xpsp3 compat mode) to launch (xpsp3 compat mode) and playing (xpsp3 compat mode) .

Downside is to play it with 800x600 mode :confused:

Come to Vietnam where a million of young peoples play AOE ROR everyday. I think the first AOE DE tournament should be held there because aoe players in this country have reached a very high level.