AoE 2 DE Campaigns suggestions - Feedback DLC: Return of Rome

This is a very good message. Egyptian and Carthaginian campaigns are definitely popular targets to get into the game.

has chosen… I hope for a Hittite campaign.

-Outside of that I think, that missing Campaigns for some or all of the previous civs, should be one of the future main tasks for updates to integrate them into the main game.
-The Historical battles on the African Overview map do not adequately cover several of civs.
-The Challenge missions on the Asian overview map, where you do play with different civs, could be created as a new campaign for the Chinese. If not, move this feature to the Historical battles, to be less confusing.

European areas:
-I am still waiting for a regular campaign of the Vikings, Slavs (Eastern slavs or Rus with Jaroslaw the Wise as a Hero), Hungarians as well as the Wallachians (Romanians with Vlad Draculea as Hero).
-The developers gives the Bohemians, Poles and Lithuanians their own Campaign and introduce them as completely new civs in the DLC Dawn of the dukes. Then I say, be fair and give their neighbors like the Vikings, Hungarians, Walachians and Slavs (Eastern slavs or Rus) their own campaign too. These civs found their way into the game several years before the Bohemians, Poles and Lithuanians came. The Age fans from these areas feel otherwise discriminated against in a certain sense.

Three commonly neglected areas and or continents in Age of Empires 2:
-In the Middle east I expect a Turkish and Persian campaign.
-In East asia are missing a Chinese, Korean and Japanese campaign.
-On the American overview map a Mayan campaign can be introduced.

In terms of massive lacks of missing campaigns, the game is still clearly immature. I do not understand, how the developers can speak of a Definitive edition with such obviously faulty content. But okay, they do still monthly and yearly updates, so it is to be hoped, that these shortcomings will be still corrected.

3 Likes

Well, Rise of the Hatti is a demo campaign of the original AoE 1, but most likely they will go more for Greece and Yamato… then you would have the 3 most important civs of the ancient world (Egypt, Greece and Rome) with campaigns With Glory of Greece you would have from the Trojan War to the conquests of Alexander the Great and with Yamato: The Empire of the Rising Sun you would fight with the 3 original Asian civs (Yamato, Shang and Choson) and you would connect with AoE 2, since the campaign from Yamato ends in 740 CE (8 years after Tariq and Tours in AoE 2)…

Yes, I completely agree, I suppose they will do it when the time comes…

2 Likes

Wait, wait, wait… This word isn’t censored anymore?! Finally!

2 Likes

I tried to write it and no…it’s still censored…

This is really weird…

Hmm…
Hittite
########

Ok, so, the plural form is banned, the singular form is unbanned. I guess we’re halfway there @Temudhun

1 Like

It makes things even weirder xD

1 Like

El Ascenso de los HITITAS…

Ha, if you write it in Spanish it works, but not in English xd…

1 Like

We need their unique Heavy chariots in the game

3 Likes

Lol, nice. Then i wonder what exactly is triggering the censor, if the singular form is fine but the plural isn’t?

…It couldn’t be reading a mispelling of ti-double t-ies could it? It’s missing a t in Hittite, but if you add an s to the end, it’s the only thing I can think of that would be anywhere close to the cause.

Yes. Sadly though, I think MS is going to continue and try (and fail) to entice Vietnam with familiarity, so I don’t see it happening sadly…

It was recently voted on the Age of Empires website, which other civ campaigns the players want for the Return of Rome DLC. The Hitties have certainly a good possibility, that they come to a own campaign. But despite the vote, I believe also, that Microsoft has certain preferences in the decision finding, based at financial reasons like with the introducing of the Lac Viet.

1 Like

Sure, it’s all a matter…

Any chance for a new AoE2 campaign (AoE2 civs)?

Not in this dlc at least…

https://twitter.com/Supeshelbys/status/1663268606493245463/photo/1
The true name of the eastern Roman empire is Romania. In greek language is Ρωμανία

I’l even add: how do Pontic greeks call themselves?

Greeks are orthodox. Coptics are in Egypt

I meant Pontics. Sorry

Greeks. Pontics makedonias vlachs Cypriots arvanites are all Greeks. Only topic language quirks. Τhe difference is all orthodox people of the former Roman empire call themselves Romans. In greek language is Ρωμιοί

https://twitter.com/GrecoLevantines

1 Like

I think so, in one of the future updates… But for that, you will need a lot of patience.