Aoe 2 work for a few minutes the lag and close by itself

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ???
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

i just bought aoe 2 definitive edition yesterday and when i launch the game it work during approximately 2 to 3 minutes. then it begin to lag a lot and a minutes later it stop working. (sorry if it’s not good english i’m a french student)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
100%** of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
i tried a lot i promise

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. launch the game and charge a game
  2. play for a bit and visit the map
  3. here it comes everything stop working

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
just enjoy one of my favorite game since i’m a kid which can’t be possible for now.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
i didn’t put an image of the game when it start laging because you can’t see the lag because it’s a picture but the next picture is the moment when it stopped while i played

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

???

i must say that i don’t use any mods or any dlc

Hello @eliottbouffet !
Are you using any third party antivirus software? If so, please add the whole folder of the game to the exception list.
I’m also gonna ask you to double check if your drivers are up to date.
Overlays, such as Nvidia, Discord or Steam overlays are known for causing issues on some games as well, so try disabling it :slight_smile:
I hope we can fix this issue and you can enjoy the game.
Thanks for the report!

i just found out that while i play the game, the game use 9G of my 16G ram. that’s where the problem come from but why ?