AOE 3 DE Veteran Hotkeys on mouse issue

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #: GOt banned from DE cannot see but I have seen bugs that are in original aoe 3 that are in DE
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Here is the problem I’m experiencing in regular aoe 3 it was common problem that mouse 3(middle mouse button) was hard coded to always find last notification and you couldn’t change. The only solution i could find for this in regular aoe 3 was making a DefaultKeyMapY.xml then changing all my hotkeys there. In De beta I didn’t feel like doing this so I just used normal hotkeys, but I could never use mouse 3(middle mouse button). Usually mouse hotkeys are just funky in aoe 3 for some reason not sure why. I use my find explorer on my mouse 4 which works but if you are using a civilization like Japan where you have 2 explorers it will only jump to one explorer then when you try to press it again it will go to the same explorer and not the other one. Minor issues but things like this are just annoying to play with.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

ALWAYS

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. play a game hotkey your middle mousebutton and see what happens. It won’t work it will just goto random spots on the map for “find last notification”
  2. as for the mouse 4 problem you can just try to play japan sometimes and have “find explorer” on your mouse. The way you can reproduce it the most I feel is if you have it working at start of game. Then you change your hotkey in the middle of the game you are only finding one explorer and not the other.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The hotkeys should work always.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

I’m going to find last notification instead of just using what I wanna use middle mouse button for.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS