AoE 3 restarts the computer in multiplayer: game lost

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

After a few minutes into the game my computer completely restarts without any warning. Until this point the game works perfectly. The problem appears under a new computer, meeting the requirements while it worked on low settings under my old computer, which was old and extremely underpowered for modern games.

• GAME BUILD #: Aoe3
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I got a new computer and was excited. My old computer was a mess but was running AoE3 on low settings and windows 10. I can play almost every other game (for example LoL and Battlefield on very high settings and great fps rates) without problems right now, but AoE3 always shuts down my whole computer after a few minutes in multiplayer.

I saw increasing Graphics capacity rate when starting a game and strong increase in heat, way more than games with higher graphic standards. I already updated graphic drivers and set the graphic settings on middle, what increased the play time um to 20 minutes (from 1 minute with high settings), but usually i should be able to play on high settings. I have no further ideas to proceed

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Every game. High settings after 1 minute, lower settings in the course of a 40 minute treaty game.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

impossible. the game works perfect until the screen is black and in the next moment the computer restarrts

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Thanks in advance for your help! :slight_smile:
Marc