AOE 4 Joan Arc is an insult to the person

Its just gameplay feature really so not that big of a problem. I just hope that they don’t cut or marginalize religious connotations of a Joans story because that actually would be “insult to the person” as you put it.

9 Likes

She can be seen as a feminist icon because she, as a woman, took a prominent role in a field heavily dominated by men. In an era when women barely had any rights.

So “but she wasn’t a feminist” isn’t a valid point. Feminists can take inspiration from whoever they want.

If feminism triggers you to the point of posting this, seems like you’re the one with personal issues who can’t keep them at home.

27 Likes

dont try opening that argumentation part again :wink: you will run into certain walls, believe me, I did :smiley:

you are right, but there are quite some ppl who have a differnt opinion here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

yup, because you use illogical and false fallacy arguments

2 Likes

As I said, this is not about Joan being a feminist. Besides, there is no “narative”. The woman only said in an interview that Joan is a feminist icon that inspires her. Good for her. Why do you care?

If they portray Joan in the game fighting for women rights and feminism, then I’ll agree with you that they are altering history.

You only add to my point by saying all this garbage.

19 Likes

Why do you care about feminism? If women not being equal pisses you off, that’s a you problem :wink:

2 Likes

If someone wants to call her a feminist icon go ahead, she really isn’t and Joan of Arc has nothing in common with these modern feminists

15 Likes

the little kids wont know it is not true when they see everyone saying it

1 Like

Dear me some people have too much free time on their hands. It’s just a game, not a documentary or PhD history thesis. And apart from some authenticity and context, it’s also supposed to be fun, hence why she’s running with a sword in game, otherwise she would be useless from an RTS gameplay perspective.

22 Likes

I care because I have a mother, a girlfriend, friends and colleagues that are women, and I see what the culture nourished by people like you does to them.

If women not having equal rights doesn’t piss you off, you’re a problem. :wink:

I won’t say anything else. As the other person said, there is no point in talking to a wall.

22 Likes

Thank you, I wanted to say the exact same thing as you. I really don’t understand why men like them are afraid of feminism.

8 Likes

True statement. Could be applied to probably a third of the discussions around here :joy:

10 Likes

If it’s not a documentary or PhD history thesis why are people complaining about civ representation, historical issues, units depiction? It’s just a funny game after all, let’s stop complaining about any issue whatsoever then. Don’t be selective here, go apply your argument to every topic on the forum.

3 Likes

Joan of Arc is the best female representation you are going to find in a Midevil Fighting Game

she fits the gender
she fit the time period

2 Likes

in fact religion is cut in entire game, there are hardly any depiction of Jesus Christ, but Christianity shaped the world for good or bad accept it. It was very prominent and important to people back in the day.

“Christianity is bad, religion bad think like me”

2 Likes

No game can be historically accurate, otherwise you’d have a broken game

Spirit of the Law said that it might be because they were worried people would complain the unit was too passive. They could’ve made the unit passive in AoE2 but they didn’t, no one complained then. Why do you guys not want the game to succeed?

4 Likes

Yes I have personal issues, just like any human, just like you replying as you are getting triggered because of a forum post saying Joan of Arc was not a feminist. Also maybe a study a bit more on women’s life in middle ages among common people than putting blankets like women didn’t have rights.

When you point a finger other 3 are pointing at you, it’s nice to remember that always.

2 Likes

Noone here is triggered by Joan of Arc not thinking the same way as people nowadays do. You totally missed the point.

5 Likes

I’ll reply to this once, since you’re a different person than the other guy I was replying to.

It seems that you didn’t read anything that I posted on this topic, because the answers to what you said are all there. Or maybe you didn’t understand. So I’ll try to be concise here.

I never said she was a feminist. You completely missed the point. Please try reading my first post again .

I also never said women did not have rights. I said “barely any”. Additionally, please note that “having a right” and “having a right satisfied” are different things. Having a right recognized by the law is as good as nothing if you cannot exercise it.

Feel free to point however many fingers you want at me. I don’t care.

8 Likes

I don’t remember anything being said about Joan of Arc being an icon of feminism (or anything about feminism at all) when AoE2 was in development. I wonder what has changed since then? Could it be ideological BS involved in the PR and development process now? :thinking:

4 Likes