AoE:DE at E3 PC Gaming Show

https://twitch.tv/videos/151321427

Fast forward to 2:37:44

“Age of Empires, the whole franchise will be hitting its 20 year anniversary in October of this year and this is the start here at E3, the start of the celebration of 20 years of Age of Empires. That party’s going to roll. We’re going to continue that. So you’re going to hear from us again in Cologne, Germany at Gamescom in August and we’re going to be having a really wonderful Age of Empires event there and talking a whole bunch about, I think stuff you’re going to want to hear.” - Adam Isgreen

Do you know if the interview/presentation/whatever is in that video is available on YouTube? Twitch’s player is ■■■■.

@ZagorathAus said:
Do you know if the interview/presentation/whatever is in that video is available on YouTube? Twitch’s player is arse.

It is not available from PC Gamer, the host of the show, on YouTube yet. They streamed the show to Mixer, Steam and Facebook Live, so those are options.

Ah well, shame. Guess I’ll have to brave the Twitch stream. Those other options sound even worse :stuck_out_tongue:

@ZagorathAus said:
Ah well, shame. Guess I’ll have to brave the Twitch stream. Those other options sound even worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, looks like the announcement and interview it is available now on YouTube. I am lazily browsing the web from my phone.

Thanks for typing that up, @rhrmn. When I heard that statement, I missed some of it and thought he might have been insinuating more about another announcement in Germany. Now that I read it, I think it will just be more AoEDE info.

just getting my 10 comment badge over here

@rhrmn said:
So you’re going to hear from us again in Cologne, Germany at Gamescom in August and we’re going to be having a really wonderful Age of Empires event there and talking a whole bunch about"

+LAN finals of aoe2 1vs1 tournament

Now all of a sudden I can’t wait for GamesCom as I assume they will not release any more information until then

Temper your expectations for Age of 4, who does M$ have to still bring that to a good end?
They lost the knowledge and the skills needed and they have a clueless management.
More than likely it will be AoE 2 dlc and RoN dlc, both of which their weak link skybox labs is ‘working’ on.
We know this from the steam database.

I’m not hoping for AOE4 actually. Unless they would remake AOE and call it that. In a way this AOEDE is a 4 for me because I can not believe there won’t be a HUGE improvement after 20 years. I really expect it to be even an improvement to AOE II HD, even it is just a slight one

@Otani64 said:
I’m not hoping for AOE4 actually. Unless they would remake AOE and call it that. In a way this AOEDE is a 4 for me because I can not believe there won’t be a HUGE improvement after 20 years. I really expect it to be even an improvement to AOE II HD, even it is just a slight one

Yeah, in 2005 there where some concept sketches for AOE IV and V (WWII and future-setting). This is much better.

I want a brand new game set in antiquity or medieval times that’s similar to AOEO as “AOE4”.

I have to agree with those who say that a game set in the world wars or in a futuristic setting probably wouldn’t play like Age of Empires.