Earlier today Phil Spencer on Xbox Wire announced that all the definitive editions of Age of Empires will be coming to Steam, which includes Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. For answers to all your AoE:DE on Steam questions, please see the F.A.Q. below which will be updated regularly as more info is announced. If you have a question which is not on the F.A.Q. please leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to repurchase the game on Steam?
- Will the Microsoft Store version be updated to Win32?
- What are the minimum system requirements?
- When will the game be available on Steam?
- Will there be support for Steam features?
- How much will the game cost?
Do I need to repurchase the game on Steam?No. If you own the Microsoft Store version of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition you will be able to play with Steam version players with crossplay between platforms. Source
Will the Microsoft Store version be updated to Win32?To be announced.
What are the minimum system requirements?
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- Processor: 1.8 Ghz+ Dual Core or greater i5 or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 11.0 compatible card with Direct3D Feature Level 11_0 or higher support and 1GB of free memory - Intel: HD 4000 (Ivy Bridge CPU)or better GPU - nVidia: GT 430 or better desktop GPU, or GT 425M or better mobile GPU - AMD: Radeon HD 5500 or better Desktop GPU, or Mobility Radeon 5650 or better mobile GPU
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 20 GB available space
When will the game be available on Steam?August 2019. Source
If interested, the Steam store page launched today for AoE: DE and the game can be added to your wish list. Source