AoE DE: war elephant

In case somebody didn’t see it, there’s a very nice post on the official FB page depicting the new war elephant:

2 Likes

Wow, looks great! You can really see the upgraded graphics here :slight_smile:

Love it already

Check out that extra facings in the updated elephant.

Spins so nice, compared to the jittery spin on the old.

@Ardraxx said:

Yes, having more than 8 facings is definitely amazing.

I love the new art update, it’s basically the same unit but overall better, with lots of details.

Now persian can destroy everything with style !

I prefer in yellow color because this color pwn so much

@Stryder said:

@Ardraxx said:

Yes, having more than 8 facings is definitely amazing.

I love the new art update, it’s basically the same unit but overall better, with lots of details.

It’s gonna make the game feel less tile-like and static. Movement is painful in the old game - units constantly getting stuck on eachother, ever so slightly floating sideways. This will be great :slight_smile:

Wow, looks amazing <3

Looks great!

@kinzo said:

Particularly when with the Upatch they no longer get a gimped economy.

@MysticHex were you anything to do with the AOK mysticteam.com?

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

@kinzo said:

Particularly when with the Upatch they no longer get a gimped economy.

Ha good news, i haven’t read intensely the upatch because people still play on 1.0a, but i remember persian, while needing alot of food (normal for mass elephant) they always needed quite some wood and alot of management to recreat the farm xD

‘Persians: Elephants move 40% faster; Get Wheel, Artisanship and Coinage.
Comment: Having no Market technologies in both Bronze and Iron Age was a huge and illogical penalty for the Persians’

I remember them as being one of the weakest civs originally, not only because the missing market techs wrecked their economy but limited their archers range.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
‘Persians: Elephants move 40% faster; Get Wheel, Artisanship and Coinage.
Comment: Having no Market technologies in both Bronze and Iron Age was a huge and illogical penalty for the Persians’

I remember them as being one of the weakest civs originally, not only because the missing market techs wrecked their economy but limited their archers range.

Well in RM i kinda agree but they still have good units, compare them to greek for example. Though in DM they are hella fun to play. Doing this full combat elephant rush is deadly (for opponement and for your food xD)

That looks great! I am excited to see ranged unit actions and missiles fly!

Anyone notice the missing frame right towards the end of the spin? Hopefuly just an oversight when coming up with this gif?

Looks great btw. Looking forward for wildlife stuff, loved the scenery too.

@VEIZIKS said:
Anyone notice the missing frame right towards the end of the spin? Hopefuly just an oversight when coming up with this gif?

Looks great btw. Looking forward for wildlife stuff, loved the scenery too.

Amen.

In the screenshots I’ve seen a lion (looks good), Gazelle (look like a deer from aok2 - possibly not so good) and we can guess what a huntable Ele will look like.

What I’ve not spotted yet are the alligators or the birds (which used to explode when villis throw spears at them).

Nice! I can’t wait to play the game!

The down side is that the elephants are too pretty to kill for food now.

1 Like

Elephant’s tail looks a little bit unreal though :slight_smile: