AoE: Definitive Edition Features to Carry Over to AoE 2 HD?

Dear Mods / Admins / Devs,

After the announcement for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (which I’m super excited about), I’m curious if any of the new features will carry over to Age of Empires 2 HD.

The main feature I’d like to see implemented is the ZOOM feature. Would be awesome if you guys were able to add that to AoE 2 in a patch or something.

I don’t think that they are going to update Age of Empires 2 HD again…

It would be awesome to see some of these features carry over, Cysion said it was still the Genie Engine so I assume it should be possible

My takeon for a zoom was a higher resolution Monitor and that works pretty well for me. As long as you don’t have an 27" FHD Monitor or a WXGA (that’s 1366x768) Laptopscreen I feel pretty good about the sector that I can see. So I think there are still more serious problems with Age2HD befor they should invest development time into a Zoomfeature.

It’s a shame that first AOE will now look better than the second one. Since they already invested a lot of money in creating and supporting AOE2 HD it will probably not be completely remade again… Sad.

I would love to see:

• zoom
  • 4K textures
  • higher framerate animations

I know it’s difficult, but it would be awesome, and yeah, it’s kinda weird that the first AOE will be getting better graphics than the second.

If it were possible they’d have done it a long time ago

Mr Gates please give us all the AOE’s a 4K makeover lol big thanks for what we have so far though wololo

I would agree with the 4k update, as perhaps being the best and probably most time consuming update available to AOE II HD.
Another fun feature would be to identify when a player is rusty and their ELO no longer reflects their skill level.

I haven’t played in a while and I really don’t want to be that 1800 dragging down the team lol.

The challenge is to avoid people abusing that sort of system to go crush newbies.

Well said @iplayaoe2 we love a good michi bf but hate the siege cutters and tech boosters such a shame when there could be a 2000 man war lol

Yes please ! At least the bloody zoom feature! Is that too much to ask ?

@MisguidedMonk54 said:
. Hasn’t been announced that there would be a aoe 2 definitive edition.

What would be the reason to buy a DE copy of AOE2 compared to AOE2HD?

@shadythrills yes it has been announced.

@GrizzGolf Um… I guess new graphics? I dunno. I wouldn’t mind seeing a gritty, darker rendition of the game. However I don’t really feel like buying it a third time.

I’d be more than happy to give them more of my money if it meant having AOE II have better graphics than AOE DE.

@GrizzGolf said:

This is what i’m curious about. How are they going to differentiate the definitive edition from the HD one? I know I’m in the minority here but I’d rather have them start working on AOE III next and deal with AOE II later on.

@“Black Cross89” said:

@GrizzGolf said:

This is what i’m curious about. How are they going to differentiate the definitive edition from the HD one? I know I’m in the minority here but I’d rather have them start working on AOE III next and deal with AOE II later on.

Why?

@shadythrills said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:
. Hasn’t been announced that there would be a aoe 2 definitive edition.

Uh, it was announced several months ago that they were definitely gonna work on definitive editions for Age 1, Age 2, AND Age 3. And if they go well, we can hope for a Mythology definitive edition. But before they start work on any other definitive edition, they should definitely make sure all the bugs are out of the first one first. That way they have themselves a good structure to follow so to speak.

@GrizzGolf said:

More realistic graphics with possibly a better soundtrack is the very obvious reason.

@Augustusman said:

@“Black Cross89” said:

@GrizzGolf said:

Why?

Look at the new graphics of Age 1. You really don’t want to see these kinds of new graphics in Age 2. Age HD may have been given that HD upgrade, but the graphics weren’t really given the overhaul the Age 1 DE got. It needs them in a big way.