AOE for Nintendo switch

How possible do you think it could be to have a port for AOE, I would really love this game to be on Nintendo switch but I doubt that could ever happen.

Imo, no way. No way can an AoE-style RTS ever find traction on any console without KB+M controls.

Yeah I believe you are correct, looks like AOE will stay in the dark for me which is a shame as I grew up playing and loving it. Thanks for the input makes a lot of sense would help having a keyboard to play, excuse me whilst I step of the train

Even on PC itā€™s a Windows 10 / Store exclusive. Thereā€™s no way Microsoft will feed Nintendo their in-house titles.

Yeah I just thought it mightā€™ve been possible to get it on switch as there has been age of empires on the Nintendo ds, not that I have ever seen it or played it, can only imagine it wouldnā€™t be anything near the PC game standard anyway! Shame, i would probably play it on my Xbox one push come to shove but being able to play on my switch would have sold me instantly. Thanks dudes

Iā€™m still waiting a Zelda game for Pc.

1 Like

@Augustusman said:

http://www.zeldaclassic.com

@GrimToadstool said:

@Augustusman said:

I mean full supported not an emulator.

Itā€™s sad how few games made use of the Wii Uā€™s Gamepad, it would have been great for RTS games.
But AOE is a PC Title, and MS would never put it on a competitorā€™s console.

If you really want AOE on a console, you might be able to run Windows CE with AOE Pocket Edition on your Sega Dreamcast

@GrimToadstool said:

@Augustusman said:

Age of Empire II was realeased on a nintendo console, so why not? (MS already published some Rareware games on Nintendo consoles + minecraft). Mouse can be replaced by stick alone or motion control + stick combo for faster movements or touch screen in portable mode. Anyway some RTS are on consoles and can be played with a gamepad (halo wars for exemple :stuck_out_tongue: )
Nothing is impossible~
But i guess if AOE DE had to come on a console they would choose xb1 first.

I believe it would be more possible to find in the MS consoleā€¦

@ā€œRoivas Alenkoā€ said:
Age of Empire II was realeased on a nintendo console, so why not? (MS already published some Rareware games on Nintendo consoles + minecraft). Mouse can be replaced by stick alone or motion control + stick combo for faster movements or touch screen in portable mode. Anyway some RTS are on consoles and can be played with a gamepad (halo wars for exemple :stuck_out_tongue: )
Nothing is impossible~
But i guess if AOE DE had to come on a console they would choose xb1 first.

Nintendo console? Do you mean the DS version of AOE2 (and AOM) which were entirely different games?.
Look at the PS2 version of AOK if you want to experience real pain. I donā€™t know why I ever bought that oneā€¦

Age of Empires: Castle Siege would probably be a better fit for the Nintendo Switch than Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.

@rhrmn said:
Age of Empires: Castle Siege would probably be a better fit for the Nintendo Switch than Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.

But it isnā€™t going to be the same feeling mate.

Would be cool to play any AOE game in any console but the game itself wasnā€™t designed for that, you require keyboard / mouse interaction which isnā€™t comfortable through a digital pencil / controller / VR set or whatever ƃĀ­tem that comes with the console.