AoE II: DE at E3 2019

Welcome Flowing in here. :slight_smile:

You can’t download the beta, it’s delivered through Steam. Also you’ll need to sign up and become an insider first. Please read more here about it here.

Join AOE II DE Beta

1 Like

Thanks definitely excited to play the franchise again

3 Likes

Another fan who attended E3 2019 posted their demo gameplay of AoE II: DE.

1 Like

and another E3 demo gameplay. This time with no sound though :frowning: But well played :slight_smile:

1 Like

Freshly trained units glow for couple of seconds. Forgotten Empires developers would love to make AOM: DE, but it depends on Microsoft. And it does not pay off to attack enemy town center while ignoring enemy units :smiley:

I’m really liking the look of the main menu, hope they continue polishing it so it looks like classic one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do people who played at the E3 have these videos? Do Microsoft give them as a souvenir or something when you live the playing zone?

It looks very good but there are a couple things that I don’t like. They should have made new unit designs to differentiate between civilizations, it has always bothered me a lot to see a European paladin in the Persians and those things, but maybe it’s a lot of work. It’s unbelievable that the Byzantines continue to speak Latin, they should have recorded some new voices in Greek (I imagine that the Italians will continue to speak Latin). The emerging dialogues are very good to narrate the campaigns, but I don’t like to be given advice on how to play (I guess we can disable it). I don’t see that the corpses rot and bleed. The health bars on the units are very dark and are very far from the unit, you can barely see what’s their health, they should be closer and use the colors green and red. There is a kind of fog (I hope it can be disabled). The buildings recover their intact appearance before collapsing. The graphics have a little cartoonish style compared to AoE DE and the new models of the paladin and the knight are horrendous, other models like the champion are much better made.

3 Likes
1 Like

It looks incredible! Remember it’s a 20 years old game. I don’t know if this happened before with another title!!

Nachocheese from the CoH forums, or someone else called Nacho?

Another thing that bothers me is that the units with armor don’t have the metallic lustre like in the original game