AOE III:DE New Civs

You’ve got to be kidding right?

Advanced Torp already exists it’s just not called advanced torp.

But look at the grouped upgrade cards swedes do have:

Hand Infantry/Cavalry HP: Buff both their royal guards (Pikeman and Hackpelits) and Hussars AND any applicable mercenary like Landsknect, Mameluke…
Hand Infantry/Cavalry Atk: Same as above
Trample Tactics and Finhorses: Both Hussars and Hakas
Snaplock: Caroleon & Haka
Team Heavy Infantry HP: (Pikeman, Carolean, Gren and Mercs).
Svea Lifeguard: Caro & Gren

It makes Japan cry since none of their cards upgrade more than one unit

The addition of 4 civs that were the most important empires in Europe at the time is not spam!

Spam would be adding civs that were revolutionary in Europe e.g. Romanians, Hungarians and Finns as fully playable civs.

Im agree that they are important but they wont add 5civs in the same DLC, thats not reallistic while they have add 3 in each DLC. Also in DE came with 2 more and LATER the 3rd one.

Disappointed no mention of the African DLC was made yesterday. Concerned it’s no longer listed in the steam db.

2 Likes

That’s actually more feasable than adding completely new civs, because there is already some statistics on what works and not for these civs and it is easy to build based on that. The US turned out almost balanced, on the UP side of things.

1 Like

Me too well but that’s possible could be delayed.
USA event will end 22.06, we definitely will get info from African Expansion after 22.06.

4 Likes

As more civs get added to AoE3 content, some new building sets should be made. For example, The Central European building set is created to be used for Central European civs like the Germans and Swedes and the Middle Eastern building set is created to be used for Middle Eastern civs like the Ottomans and Persians.

3 Likes

I thought it was confirmed that they are making 2 african civs 1 of which is almost certainly ethiopia, which I assume will be the last dlc for aoe3 until aoe4 gets released.

2 factions are confirmed so far: ethiopia and Hausa. that isnt to say a 3rd faction like morocco couldn’t also be in the game.

The thing that gives me a sliver of hope for a 3rd civ is because it is referred to as an expansion whereas the AoEIIDE DLC are just referred to as…DLC.

Maybe I’m looking too far into things.

1 Like

I don’t have much experience checking steam db until AoEIII so I don’t know if it’s common to remove things like that from time to time.

Trying to stay positive has been rather arduous for over a year now.

for me the fact there already exist Moroccan style units in the game is the bigger give away.

2 Likes

Adam Isgreen confirmed new civs (duh) and campaigns!

Didn’t get any info other than that. If we don’t get anymore civs after this I hope it includes a 3rd civ to round off to a nice even number of 20 civs. I’m still gonna badger them about more content after the African PDLC drops :wink:

4 Likes

I wonder if we’ll see this DLC before the holiday season. Maybe they’re stalling to prevent stealing AoE4’s thunder for the holiday season, especially since no content was shared. Currently assuming we’ll see the DLC civs early 2022.

It won’t be long till the new civs, almost certainly before aoe4 release

Hey hey they finally add steamdb, this dlc calls “Belfast”.

Ftw it was 7min ago

5 Likes

Interesting, but strange codename for an African themed expansion.

1 Like

there are a couple of towns in south Africa called Belfast.

we can at least be pretty certain it wont be Belfast in the UK this time :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s probable to they will add some South African civs… Zulu? A little bit late for the game.

I hope that we get then Etiophia, Hausa, South African civ and Magreb civ (it’s like having a civ for North, West, East and South Africa).

Somalies, Egyptians (yeah, I know, they have a revolution) and Amazigs (Berbers) as minor civs. The later two are partially based on that Tilanus is working on DE, and in the mod he worked (Napoleonic Era) it had them as settlements.

3 Likes

That’s possible for Zulu Empire.
Because…

Source:

2 Likes