AOE IV - Rus

Hi all,
I was wondering what is happening to Rus. Can somebody from developers explain to me why they basically eliminate Rus from the game? I can win games with English and other civs, but I can’t do anything with Rus. This includes nerfing of the civ itself as well as making 90% of the map totally Rus-unfriendly. This seems ridiculous, as they are one of the most interesting civs. I am interested what is your point of view.
BR

2 Likes

I agree that Rus is doing worse than it used to. However, I would say these days Rus is just very map dependent, but I disagree that all maps are Rus unfriendly. Rus is extremely strong on hideout and good in mountain clearing. I only play Rus on hideout but I have a pretty nice win rate on there.

2 Likes

Hello!

I would like to recommend 2 quality of life changes for RUS.

1. Please add the Golden Gate landmark under the “all market” hotkey.
  2. This one can be useful the other civs. Please make a “all religius units” hotkey for warrior monks.

Thank you!

2 Likes

A third point could be to add a way to see how much total gold you are gathhering from hunting cabins to see how far from cap you are.

Suggestions on where to make it visible is to add it into the existing bounty box when you hover over it with your mouse (extra info).
A second suggestion is a second box to the right of the current bounty box as it appears it could fit in the user interface without causing too much vision loss.
My final suggestion is to add it to the hunting cabin information, for example how it currently is with total traders for market.

Thank you!

1 Like