AoE will be made into AoE2 DE engine

Do you think it will be a game mode in aoe2? I hope we don’t have to install 2 games with mainly the same files and many aoe1 units are already in aoe2 DE.

Also the roadmap said we will invite some ancient friends. So do you think it will be inside of aoe2?

2 Likes

they literally announced aoede on aoe2s engine.

3 Likes

Oh… my bad 20 characters!

1 Like

sadly not much on aoe2s front. so much for the “big year of aoe2”

7 Likes

AoM:DE? Not even a trailer or a release date
AoE:Mobile? No one cares
AoE2:DE on XBOX? No one cares
AoE1 in AoE2:DE’s engine? No one cares, only 3 people play aoe1

Not even a DLC, not even a balance patch, gamemodes etc. for aoe2. Ridiculous and I wasted one hour of my life for nothing.

3 Likes

Don’t be ungrateful… you listened Idle Villagers for free… xD

9 Likes

Pretty brave to do this during most people being on their 9-5 job in their own home country of incorporation

On the other hand, many complaints of AoE1 were due to poor engine or pathfinding or something, so maybe this would revitalize the AoE1 scene. Will be interesting to see how it meshes together.

It is a bit sad to have no news about AoE2, even though we already know that a new DLC is coming etcetera. If you’re going to tease AoM:DE, then you surely could’ve teased the next AoE2’s DLC as well, despite having nothing to show for it!

I’d expect a balance patch to happen after Red Bull Wololo 2. They typically don’t release new patches during an ongoing event. I don’t know when Memb’s new event is taking place, so perhaps inbetween those? Besides, AoE2 hasn’t really gotten patches that you’d ‘announce’ them in advance, since they nearly never actually have anything new.

6 Likes

help get some traction. now that AOE DE is getting a port to AOE2DE engine as a DLC, Microsoft please step it up! : aoe2 (reddit.com)

2 Likes

I think very likely will be free for existing owners of 1 DE or at max a major discount.

8 Likes

Guess why people don’t play Aoe1… Old engine…

7 Likes

I wonder why they keep trying to make new AoE mobile games. Like, if theyvwere unique or well recieved I would be fine but castle siege for example was just Clash of Clans with direct command on what units do

What? Don’t you all have PHONES!?

4 Likes

Because throwing stuff at the wall until something sticks is not as bad as it sounds

Like, there’s nothing to complain about, it won’t take away dev time from any of the 3 (THREE! 4 if you count that they are porting 1 to 2) actively updated PC games of the franchise, or the upcoming AoM

There’s nothing wrong with it, no downsides for us non-mobile gamers

2 Likes

A truly appropriate quote. Then again, it got booed by the crowd, so maybe they don’t want to play PC games on phones? Who would have guessed?

2 Likes

Did you intentionally skip AOM : Retold?

8 Likes

I haven’t seen the announcement, but based on what was said on Reddit, I thought they were putting all of the AoE1 civs directly into AoE2, which I don’t like. But if they’re remaking AoE1 with the AoE2 engine, that’s quite different. But the teaser image definitely doesn’t give that impression, so it’s hard to tell.

If it’s a separate game, about time. I want to play AoE1, but its engine and mechanics are so different from 2 that I don’t think it would be enjoyable. I hope that the remake at least introduces unique units and techs to the AoE1 civs to make them closer to the standard of 2 civs.

4 Likes

AOE 1 in AOE 2 is a big thing, now the new civs can have UU, UT and it can be moddable

4 Likes

2 Likes

If you hate everything done by the devs its high time you move on to another game.

9 Likes