AOE2:DE crash right after intro

Hello guys, i tried to play recently with some friends but whereas i could play with no issues before, the game crashed right after the intro !

I tried nearly everything from updating my video drivers (AMD Radeon 550MX and Intel UHD), loging in and out of steam, reinstalling the latest vc_redist, changing the drive where is the install, reinstalling the whole game, disactivating intro and steam overlay, launching directly from exe…

Only when i directly launch it with the executable as an admin do I get “SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary()”. Strange part is i get that before the intro even finish and the game crash.

Logs show an : Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ffe18bc42f0, causing the crash

Please be my savior so i don’t have to do a complete system install…

Hi, welcome here.

Could you try to launch the Steam client app as administrator and then use the verify game files integrity functionality of the Steam client.

Also if installed make sure Xbox Companion-console is signed out and it might be worth to manually check for MS store updates although you do own the Steam version.

I own the MS store version, so it’s a bit difficult to debug your issue.

Thanks for trying to help me at least. I checked the file integrity as admin, no file was corrupted :’(

I was connected to the xbox companion but i disconnected and still have the same issue.

Isn’t there some kind of startup command to force log writing so i can see more clearly what the problem is ?

I think that regardless of the used version you should be able to find the latest log file below the following folder: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs

If you could upload it here or post a linkt that could be helpful.

Which antivirus application and Windows edition do you use?

Thanks it was actually there !

Total Initialization Time: 9271 ms
Running Game
Total Texture Load Time: 0 ms
Loading player profile
Setting up hotkeys
Closing video
Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ffe18bc42f0
Writing out log

Think i found my problem…Looks like a RAM issue :confused:

Sorry for late follow up. Did you get your issue resolved already?