AOE2:DE - Where is the roadmap?

So this is a survey that was made when AoE4 was in the making? I don’t get how it relates to the AoE2 roadmap. Also is it me or 87,8% of participants answered either “I don’t care” or “Europe” 11

2 Likes

Reminder that Lords of the West was announced December 15, 2020, and released just over a month later.
(edit: it looks like it was announced Dec 6th, but went up for pre-order on the 15th, with an announcement trailer. Or maybe not. Google is being weird.)

If we don’t hear anything by the end of the week, then perhaps people can start worrying. Maybe.

Or maybe the Forgotten Empires team gonna go on holidays early and we won’t hear anything until next year.

So, it’s almost end of the year! Where is the roadmap?)

Rise of Antarctica 14

Penguins can be emperors too.

The announcement said they will announce it soon. That was a month ago. I do not know what marketing considers to be ‘soon.’

No December patch too sad life.

1 Like

3 Likes

They will surprise everybody with a venice serbia dlc :smiling_imp:

1 Like

It won’t be a surprise. This game needs more East European Civs.

3 Likes

Considering the Dracula campaign, I’d say Wallachians should be included in the game. Serbs or Aragon are the only two other viable options for Europe.

Now an Orthodox DLC with Wallachians, Serbs, Georgians, and Armenians would be awesome but it is unrealistic considering the new 2-civ 3-campaign DLC format. So I would still be happy with Wallachians and Georgians for example. Yet I do believe that the next DLC would be in India, East Asia or Africa.

Anyhow, the topic is here to discuss the potential roadmap. I hope they release it before Christmas!

I was hoping to see it this week, but all we got was the Winter Event stuff :frowning:
Leaning towards “after New Year” now, unless they do a pre-Xmass news blitz next week.

1 Like

Im glad that we can finally agree

1 Like

Yeah
We only have like 6 civs using East European Architecture set.
Also Slavs do not represent Serbs at all.
Boyars were not used by Serbs, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boyar#Boyars_in_Serbia
Neither did the Serbs practice Orthodoxy,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodoxy_in_Serbia
So the UU and UT are both not enough to represent.

Other parts of world who have zero representative civ require no civ.

4 Likes

Eh… I tend to think Slavs could get a new UU and boyars could be turned into an alternate upgrade to knights for Slavs, Bulgarians and possible future East European factions, just like the winged ussar is for Poles and Lithuanians

2 Likes

Aragon is just spain.

1 Like

Well, the devs seem more comfortable with dismantling umbrella civs as demonstrated by the newest DLC.

No no it is different.
As different as Chola, Pandya, Chera, Vanni from Tamils.

We will get new civ for each of them.

2 Likes

Arguably Portuguese was split from Spain, considering that for most of the medieval history “Spanish” could designate any christian inhabitant of the Iberian peninsula. And for most of this time period, the Kingdom of Aragon was more prominent than Portugal, thanks to the trade in the Mediterranean sea. I would personally not mind having the Spanish split into Castillans and Aragonese… Just not now. We need more focus on Africa, Asia, and possibly Oceania and the Americas before we come back to Europe.