AoE3 campaigns must be remastered!

Tbh I’d like them prioritize new campaigns before modifying the old ones.

Because AOE3 did not have a dedicated tutorial (the “learn to play” is too simplistic), the old campaigns especially the first one plays more like a tutorial, so they have rather standard units. If you throw the new players into a super gimmicky civ like Maltese they might be confused.

A tutorial for each civilization would be great! Like in AoM.

But generally speaking, I take my hat off with the Art of War, it’s excellent imo.

1 Like

Very true. If only DE actually tells newcomers which campaign to play, instead of throwing them in the ocean and expect them to find the swimming tubes themselves…

1 Like

History Battle is awsome and remaster fiction campaign is great.

I also want more fiction campaign happen in the other contry on the other continent like China and Japan.

I Rember the movie “The Last Samurai” in 2003 Starring Tom Cruise. I think it would be very cool to have a fiction campaign based on it.
Or we can have a fiction African camapign based on the story “King Solomon’s Mines” since we already have a Africa DLC.

1 Like

Yeah…the learn to play tutorial (the two scenarios) is based in the Roanoke (1585 to 1588) and Jamestown (1607) colony settlement…they can put cinematics with more historical context,with Walter Raleigh defending the colony from Spanish attacks (from the north) until the fleet of Francis Drake reach the colony in the first scenario with the colonists going out of the settelement with him and with John Smith in the second scenario against the Haud with the intervention of Pocahontas in the middle (aka Nonhakee reskin and based in the Disney Pocahontas movie)…

4 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t change the map designs and narrative too much, save for the instances where the AI can get newer content. Map design and trigger management in this game can be a hassle.

What I would really prioritize would be the designs of the single player civilizations. For that I have a long list or proposed changes, but in general lines:

All:

• Rename unique Church cards.

Knights of Saint John:

• Implement the Maltese voicelines. Change their Church model to the one used by Maltese.
  • Make their player color red and Ottomans green, to make them more distinct. Use the red flag as the default.
  • Enable Order Galley construction instead of Caravel (let the player still receive Caravels during the ‘PIRATES!’ scenario.
  • Make the ‘1 Falconet’ shipment infinite.

Black’s Mercenaries:

• Enable Tavern.
  • Enable Incendiary Grenades and Horse Artillery.

United States (SPC)

• Implement voicelines from the US civ proper. Save for the ones that reuse campaign characters’ voices. Those can use the generic voicelines introduced with TWC.
  • Replace Pikemen with State Militia.
  • Replace Musketeers with Regulars.
  • Replace Skirmishers with Sharpshooters.
  • Replace Dragoons with Carbine Cavalry.
  • Replace Manors with regular Houses.
  • Change Churches to look like Meeting Houses, but remain functionally identical, except maybe enable Surgeons and Medical Science instead of Priests and Mission Fervor.
  • Enable Incendiary Grenades and Horse Artillery
  • Replace Caravels with Sloops.
  • Replace Galleons with Steamers.
  • Give the Military Promotion shipment an extra effect for whenever you don’t have Cooper.
  • Remove Royal Guard upgrade for Hussars.

Don’t get me started on the Warchiefs campaigns. The civs made for them are so limited that they’re actually unfun to play. They would actually need an overhaul just to bring them in line with the Vanilla civs.

4 Likes

Yes, but the issue is that unlike the civs of aoe 2, redo the civs of the campaigns like their multiplayer counterparts, could break the balance of the campaign … imagine Morgan with the Maltese of multiplayer or Amelia with the Americans of multiplayer, they would destroy everything without too much grace…They may do it someday, but I don’t think they will for now…

I’m aware that giving every civ a complete facelift would be excessive, which is why I’m not suggesting the implementation of Commanderies, Sentinels, Patriotic Flags, etc. Most of what I mentioned in my list are things that fill a similar niche for things that already exist, but are more thematically appropriate.

Of course, something more measured…

Aunque me gusta el doblaje al español castellano, un doblaje al español latinoamericano estaría bueno.

2 Likes

Sí,pero a veces no hacen tan buenos doblajes…

A mi me gustaria ver nuevas campañas y batallas historicas (y que mejoren la dificultad de la ya existente es que las siento muy sencillas xd) el que un jugadore encontrara un SPC sin usar de Pizarro puede ser un indicio de algo, pero puedo estar equivocado

1 Like

Sí,en teoría la skin de Pizarro era porque tenían en mente usarlo en una campaña inca para TWC,antes de que desecharan a los incas por falta de tiempo;y bueno los aztecas tampoco tuvieron campaña,pero al menos los usaron de antagonistas en la campaña china…

y bueno los aztecas tampoco tuvieron campaña,pero al menos los usaron de antagonistas en la campaña china…

An extremely bad implementation of the Aztecs. They copied the War Hut and Nobles Hut as SPC entities of the proper ones from TWC, slapped their Industrial Age skins on top, and assigned them the Pirates civ with flag and all. DE did absolutely nothing to correct that and we’re still stuck with this Frankenstein’s Monster of enemy design.

1 Like

Well,we can always ask to correct it in the future … I remember playing the Chinese campaign at the time and there were Aztec buildings and units…

America should be able to use unique units in the campaign, you are absolutely right

1 Like

Besides Malta is:
USA / SPCAct3 is the only civ that is really special.
They can train rockets from the artillery depot.

The issue is that the United States of the Steel campaign is different from the Americans of multiplayer…

Although both the United States and the Black Family Estate represent the same nation, in Age of Empires III, they’re entirely separate civilizations.

The United States in the Steel campaign uses British cards,units and upgrades.

The Black Family Estate in TWC campaigns uses Haudenosaunee,Revolutionary and Lakota cards,units and upgrades

The Americans in the Historical Battle of New Orleans and multiplayer has their respective cards,units and upgrades…

A made a thread about Campaign civilisations update a few months before this thread was created.
I listed a few ideas on how to change the campaign civilisations while also keeping the theme and the gameplay close to the original.

For example in Act 3 you shouldn’t be able to train Regulars because you don’t play the role of the US Army, you play as a private Railway Company.

5 Likes

The British colonized India with companies, that is, the British East India Company established armies with the British army tradition, in short, your interpretation is not correct, the American railway company should establish armies unique to American civilization.