Some time ago, I replayed all the campaigns for nostalgia, and I realized that there are many things that DE brings that could be added to the campaigns, but have not been applied. Therefore, I bring some suggestions to take into account. I also invite all those who wish to share their ideas and suggestions.
Add more aspects to Malta, such as commanders, sentinels and Hospitallers.
Allow Malta to move up to Industrial and Imperial.
Replace barracks and field hospitals with Hospitals
Add order galleys in the port
Add more age advancement options for Malta
Add cards that are unlocked by scenarios, such as “Inca Allies” after the treasure fleet, which sends a kallanka and allows huaracas to be trained.
- Add units other than Janissaries and Sipahis to the Ottoman attack, such as Azaps and Delis to the siege of Malta.
INTO THE CAVERNS
- Replace the Janissaries guarding the depots with Azaps and/or Humbaraci
- Add other prisoners apart from Swiss pikemen, some prisoners could be Armored pistoleer and Papal Guard
- I don’t have many suggestions here, but maybe the “Pirates” civilization could have a rework in appearance, they are identical to the British and it breaks a bit with the appearance of the stage, you could change the houses for tents and the barracks for Maltese hospitals for example and give an appearance more “nomadic” than “sedentary”.
THE OTTOMAN FORT
- I don’t have many suggestions here.
TEMPLES OF THE AZTEC
I think this scenario needs a complete rework, a lot of things can be done!
- Add units and some special buildings of the Aztec major civilization, such as otomis, pumas, coyotes, and noble barracks.
- The Spaniards can be added some extra units, such as Jesuit Conquerors and Soldados
A PIRATA’S HELP
- I think that what I would most like to see is that mexicans haciendas be added instead of mills.
- Something boring about the map is that the enemies are Caribs and some pirates. I think some buccaneers and other natives (like Mayans) would be a good addition as enemies.
SPANISH TREASURE FLEET
- Some Inca prisoners could be exchanged for some Inca DE units, such as Huaracas and Chimus.
- I don’t know why, but there is a Quechua village below (IN FLORIDA!), this could be changed to a more appropriate native village and the Incas could be included on this map in some other way.
THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH?
- I personally liked this scenario, the only thing I would add would be the special ability for Sahin to train Deli, Azap and Jans.
- I think you have to enable the Bar for civilization, because they are supposed to be mercenaries and they have some special mechanics in reference to that (example, cards from the church)
- I think some aspects of civilization need to be thought again, especially what units can be trained. You could even rework everything to only be able to get mercenaries that cost less resources and population. The campaign would be so much fun!
- Add Nonahkee’s passive ability to heal units.
- I don’t know if it’s a good idea, but some mercenaries or European royal house could appear in various scenarios as supports.
Defend the Colony
- A complicated problem is that the scenario can be won too easily just by taking out Uhlans, I think that other extra specialized units should be added to the cheerokes attacks vs cavalry, especially when the cannons come.
- A version of the “native” heavy cannon could be made, like the captured mortar in DE.
- I think it’s one of the most difficult scenarios, but I like that!
- Villager treasures could be moved more to the periphery, as I feel they are too close to the enemy base to take advantage of.
- I think once the British show up, they should keep showing up with Cherokee warriors to fight.
- Something that I like, but I find it a bit morbid, is that the British build on your old base with all the ruins and casualties. I think this could be changed in some way.
- Here what I would like the most is that they change the Haudenosaunee base for one more like TWC’s, add some long houses and replace the outpost with a War hunt would be excellent.
- Adding some aennas or FP to the battle would also be very nice.
The Seven Years’ War
- I think the problem with this scenario is that there are not many resources to spend, maybe a rework of the map is the way to go, add more resources.
- Another good idea is to improve the interaction with our French ally, like with the AI in singleplayer.
The Great Lakes
- I don’t have many suggestions in that scenario. I think the only thing I can say is that the British should have the option to ally with the natives disabled.
- In this scenario, I would like the Lakotas to receive some extra ingredients to their villages, such as the addition of teepees and some Lakota units, such as bow riders and tashunkes.
- Adding a Cheyenne village plus the Lakota and Comanche village would also be a good idea.
- Please give our dear Greta a better skin haha
- I liked this scenario a lot 10/10, the only thing that might change would be the initial units and add a little more size to the map in general.
Bring Down the Mountain
- The campaign in general is great, but this last scenario disappoints. Like the first one, it can be easily won using only uhlans.
- It would be nice, if the composition of the Russian forces is slightly changed.
- Some KoTM mercenaries would be great if they show up here too.
- Completely or partially replace USA from this campaign with USA from the DLC.
- I think the main thing is to remove the pikemen and dragoons, and add state militia or volunteers from the “Battle of New Orleans” scenario. Replace musks and goons with regular and carbine respectively.
- I saw that in an update, a bug was fixed that didn’t allow villagers from the Manors to spaw. I think the mechanics could stay, but ideally it should be changed.
- Correct some historical inconsistencies. The war of independence in Colombia was fought in 1819. The first Mexico-USA war and the railroad were much later!
Race for the Rails
- The map in general is very good, I would not change anything except things in general.
Hold the Fort
- Organ guns should be replaced by gatlings imo.
- Mexico should be totally or partially replaced by the Mexican civilization from the DLC. Rods and pikes replaced by Insurgentes. Musk for Soldiers and Garrochistas for Chinacos.
The Boneguard’s Lair
- I have no opinions on this map, I would only change the starting units for the ones already mentioned.
The Lost Spanish Gold
- I don’t have many opinions about this map either.
- I think this map will be the most complicated, because Amelia basically traveled 40 years into the past haha.
- I can’t think of anything else, but to change the argument, but I couldn’t say how. Perhaps Amelia arrives in South America and finds herself involved in the civil war? Don’t know.
- If you insist on the war of independence and ignore the historical error, I suggest adding Independence Guards for Bolivar’s army
- I don’t know why, but there is an Aztec village in a part of the stage, insert joke about Incas in Florida. I think they could be replaced by the Quechuas or the Tupis.
Journey Through the Andes
- This map must enter the top 5 most difficult maps of the entire saga and I love it.
- My suggestion is only to change the initial units for some more from the USA and Colombia.
Last City of the Inca
- This map is one of the only original AoE3 maps that received a corresponding update. I don’t have many complaints about the map in general.
Last Stand of the Boneguard
- My suggestion is to change some buildings in Cuba for something similar to Mexico (but not the same, remember that Mexico and Cuba are two different nations!)
Well, this is all I thought, what do you think? What would you add to the scenarios to update them to DE?
At some point, if I feel like it, I will suggest things for the TWC and TAD campaigns as well.