AOE3 DE fails to start saying that I need to be online

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Can not launch game to check but it’s recent since I played on 5/7 successfully
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Trying to start a game producing following error. I’m obviously online since I’m writing this message. I don’t have any weirdness in my network setup either. I’m hardwired, no proxies, 1 Gbps connection

You need to be online to open this on this device. To open this on this device when offline, go to the ‘Offline Permissions’ setting in the Store Settings page. You can change this setting the next time you go online.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
All the time

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
On my system just attempt to start brings this issue

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

HI @artisticcheese !

Can you try to add the whole game folder to your antivirus’ exception list? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE3DE is the default, AoE3DE_s.exe is there

Let me know if the problem is fixed!

This was an outage on XBOX live not being reported anywhere, issue is resolved now.

1 Like