[AOE3 DE] Some Features I'd like to request to be added

Hello Everyone,
This is my first thread. I am not really familiar with how to start thing so…

I have been loving Definitive Editions of all AOE till now. And i really enjoyed AOE 3 Definitive Edition but there are some things that I’d like the developers to add in the AOE3 DE.

1.) Option to repair all Walls at once. It’s hard to repair each and every walls manually.

2.) Building Wall (Gate) on the Trade Route.

3.) Allow building rotations before constructing. [Already Added]

These are the options that will really enhance the playing experience. Please look into these. I will report bugs, if i found any, in other threads.

6 Likes

this has been added already in DE. you need to press a button to rotate while placing building, i think it was ctrl.

1 Like

@Juggernaut8704
this has been added already in DE. you need to press a button to rotate while placing building, i think it was ctrl.

I am currently playing it, I just checked.
No, it’s not working. I have tried -

Ctrl + Scroll Wheel
Alt + Scroll Wheel
Shift + Scroll Wheel

Also tried with arrow keys the same with arrow keys.

“Ctrl + Scroll Wheel” rotates the camera not the building.
:confused:

Works for me with Shift+Scroll, I’m on legacy hotkey setup.

2 Likes

@EaglemutOP
Works for me with Shift+Scroll, I’m on legacy hotkey setup.

Working. I guess my shift key is broken. Thanks!

1.) Option to repair all Walls at once. It’s hard to repair each and every walls manually.

This one is somewhat in - double click the damaged section twice so that all walls are also selected. Clicking the repair button should apply to all wall sections that are selected and damaged.

2 Likes

walls on trade route would be broken. You wouldnt even be able to win by monopoly against turtle civs

@Toil3tJuice
double click the damaged section twice so that all walls are also selected. Clicking the repair button should apply to all wall sections that are selected and damaged.

yeah, it kind of works but a button to repair all walls, just beside the repair button, will be super smooth. Don’t you think?

@OffbeatGnu61199
walls on trade route would be broken

I am talking about wall gates on the Route. So that everytime train or cart arrives gate gets open.

why woudl you want walls/gates in trade routes?
Someone could just sit in their base with a close TP that the opponent cant build so he cant win by monopoly
Its fine how it is

1 Like

@OffbeatGnu61199

How? If there is TP really close to the town then it’s gonna come inside the base and if player builds the walls then TP gonna be inside. if opponent gonna build walls around the TP, I am not seeing any problem here you can easily destroy the wall and TP in seconds. No big deal.

Why do i want? Because if u are spawned just beside a trade route, it makes it hard to build walls. And open walls are as good as no walls. Problem is enemy getting inside my base through the open section either killing my villagers or targeting my rare buildings like wonders or factories. This is really annoying.

And nevermind, in the end, it’s just a suggestion. If developers feel like adding it in the future update then it will be good. Depends if the players request it.

2 Likes

this.
its not easy to destroy walls

1 Like

@OffbeatGnu61199
I am guessing you use a single pikeman to destroy the walls.
Walls are easier to break in aoe3. You have so many troops with vs building multiplier.

did you know there is a card that gives 200% more health to team walls? that more 100 militar units of each ally is a nightmare to destroy 3 walls or 5 walls to reach a place.
adding walls to trade route would be good though
but that would change all strategies on monopoly victory allowed games