AoE3 player tries AoE2

I’m at least a little bit surprised he’s still playing more AOE 2, maybe there’s hope for him. I mean, as much hope as there is with a player stomping through the 1k brackets with frank knight rushes. He really should consider how BM he’s being, making units before the 25 minute mark in 1100 games. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I bought it, tried it, hated it, uninstalled it. Posted some feedback on the forum that the devs can pay attention to if they want, it’s up to them.

1 Like

I unninstalled it because it crashed my PC 3 times, and I do not want to lose a PC on such a silly game, that is vastly inferior to it’s predecessor.

The December patch bricked the game for me, where it used to run smoothly before.

I’ve got a lot of words to say about AOE 3, but I’ll just start and end with the fact that the AI is absolutely horrid, is completely incapable of providing a player a challenge in lategame, even on the hardest difficulties, and because it has an absurd amount of early resources due to it straight-up cheating on the harder difficulties you can’t even practice and tweak rush builds against it.

That’s legitimately the only thing that doesn’t work against the AI, and that’s the only thing you’d want to test against it since it’s the most important part of any RTS and it makes a total joke out of practicing early play.

Aren’t both the games brothers from the same mother ?

yes,both games were made by Ensemble Studios…Sandy Petersen (original ES dev) works in both…

1 Like

I’ve played a fair amount of 3. My takeaway on that is the campaigns are fun.

I’m just started 2 and so far… more hard than fun. I’m hoping that changes after I get more practice. Funny, I never felt the need to ‘practice’ with 3.

1 Like