AOE3 Tournament - Kings of the Old World⚔️

I always think banning for tournaments might be a good idea. Because the content is so large it is inevitable that some op strats would emerge one after another. That actually makes balancing and adding new contents easier.

But of course they need to be carefully decided.

1 Like

2 Likes

Why barbary states are forbidden? It has some OP strat that I don’t know?

1 Like

It is by the desert cavalry (Berber Camel Riders; TEAM 4 Zenata Rider) and because it reveals all the treasures of the map, which would be a bit op, since you would go for the strongest treasures…

I don’t find camels or TEAM Zenata(literally the game is 1vs1) nor having the treasures revealed after the 4 age OP.

Argentina revolt can be far more powerful but is not forbidden.

by Revnak “Because the barbary revolt strategy is rewarding to get a significantly strong army in a quick time meanwhile has rather less counter plays against, so that it was consulted to players by administration team whether certain strategies which were seeming to have edge should be banned or not, since qualifiers went over and the purpose of the event is providing fun/competitive action rather than seeing the same strat regularly. Majority of tournament players voted in favour of banning those strats thus, the decisions to ban have been issued on those units/strategies.”

@MatM1996 Nothing to do with the cav shipments or treasures.

4 Likes

the problem is probably that the Barbary units counts as outlaws so are affected by the shadow tech with +50% stats and usually the rev units are already comparable to guard units so that +50% means you get imp level units instantly

2 Likes

Ah ok… it makes sense…I don’t usually use the Berbers, since I don’t play with Ottomans and I don’t have the Mediterranean dlc yet…damn Argentine economy…

Yes, it can also be that…

Magnificent tournament. I saw more than 500 viewers on the ESOC-TV channel.

11 Likes

Let me guess… won Revnak no?..

1 Like

Yes
And 20 characters more

What a novelty… since I knew that Revnak was playing the tournament, I knew he was going to win it, that is, it is TheViper of the AoE 3 xd…

But that doesn’t mean he won easily. It was very intense.

Yes, it can be, although I would expect Kaiserklein to give more fight also from time to time…