AOE4 doesn't have pause button and score display like AOE2?

• This feature is also important to me and I hope to add it
6 Likes

Where’s the Pause button? I’ve been using Pause button near Prnt Screen for 20 years playing age games and they didn’t include that? Seriously? Right in the first campaign scenario where you need to kill enemy king, I’ve been screaming of angry, because I couldn’t control all this crowd and didn’t see where enemy king amongst other units is! These seconds was really matter and it’s not fun at all to lose battle because you can’t dumbly press pause, find the right unit and order the troops to kill it! All hopes for good Age title crumbelled in first 5 minutes of gameplay because of lack of that button!

4 Likes

haha, you must be kidding me xD
all that I can say is: just do not pause, don’t tell this feature isn’t needed.

2 Likes

For those who are saying hurr durr pause button isn’t needed then get off your horses. Bet most of you didn’t even played multiplayer some even singleplayer. RTS and shooting games are vastly different. So stop judging it from shooting game POV.
RTS games tends to be long depending on skill levels and how the level is designed. For that pausing is often needed. Yes you can set some limits like limited pause or timer and that works just fine. Pretty much every previous AOE titles kept this then why suddenly not in AOE4? AOE4 itself has many things taken from previous titles. Don’t think much of an issue implementing it.

7 Likes

That’s not what I’m referring to. The game menu is not the same a pause.

2 Likes

Yes, Esc is not a PAUSE;
Give us a feature to press Pause button and have soft Pause caption overlay saving the ability to see info on buildings, order commands to units and scroll the map.

4 Likes

I agree. Was playing my first multi game with friends last night and had to use the bathroom so bad but couldn’t. They could have Atleast added it to personal games.

5 Likes

The game has been out for months, and it does not have pause.

Please give us pause function soon. Sometimes you just need 1-2 minutes break for various reasons.

Scores were actually added by request and can be enabled in. custom maps, but yes they do infer an advantage sometimes.

Still no active pause function by pressing Pause? Really??! Game released almost a year ago and they still spamming something like ‘we are hearing your suggestions’ ahaha! do they?

1 Like

Yes, even AoE 3 DE has it, as it may not be possible to pause in the multiplayer?..

It refers to multiplayer games…

Well, but it is for some reason, example you need to go to attend the door or go to the bathroom, it is simply to give more control to the player over the game …

1 Like

Still shameful they haven’t add this yet. It’s what one of the necessity of RTS games as they are very long in general.

2 Likes

Still waiting for this too :raising_hand_man:
It’s a shame that we can’t have a toilet break when we beat AIs in my group (2v2 or 4v4).

1 Like

Of course, as if he never had to go to the bathroom during the whole game, more if it lasts 4 hours … which is, a wow player who urinates in a basin?..

Of course, that’s what I mean… we are human, we have needs… we are not machines…

Who also complain about the score as well? Stop crying, play the game and now… although I am losing by 10 thousand points, I continue to fight until the end…

i’ll be honest, by not seeing score (which in this game wouldn’t change much if you could see due to incorrect calculations in the background) it forces you to scout for age up landmarks, with foundations giving away which landmark it is instead of looking at the score and using score drop to time your age up the moment the score drop occurs