AOE4 model / texture bug collection(Updated on December 17, 2021)

2021-12-11:
Updated the information and modified the article to make it easier to understand.

This new topic does not simply integrate the previous feedback, but adds a lot of new information.
First of all, the probability of the following model bugs is 100%.

1. Chinese / Mongolian / French Spearman weapon call error:

The spearmen of these three civilizations have their own unique weapon appearance (Chinese halberd, Mongolian spear and axe spear). However, because of some bug, these appearances will only be displayed when approaching the enemy, but usually they will be displayed as a common guisarme.

Changing the appearance of weapons repeatedly in battle undoubtedly affects the visual experience. More importantly, the spearmen of Eastern civilization use European guisarme is also very strange. Therefore, when repairing this bug, please keep their own style weapons and make them display normally under various actions.

CN:

FR:
FS3 (1)

FS4 (1)

MN:

3 (2)
4 (2)

1. Chinese Archer weapons have never been upgraded:

The previous information is not very detailed and accurate. After many tests, I have made new discoveries. Now I can determine the specific upgrade bug of the archer.

It is known that there are four units using composite bow in aoe4, which are:

1. Abbasid Dynasty Camel archers cavalry
  2. Mongols archers cavalry
  3. Mongols Archers
  4. Chinese Archers

As shown in the figure, the composite bows of the first three units have evolved from the yellow wood bow of age2 to the white wood bow of Age3 and then to the gold bow of Age4.

Only the Chinese archer’s composite bow has never changed. It is always the shape of the white wooden bow of era 2. The reason for this bug should be that the weapon model calls error. Please repair it as soon as possible to make the Chinese archer’s weapon upgrade consistent with the other three composite bow units.

In other words, only the Chinese archers of era 3 have no problems and need not be changed, while the weapons of Chinese archers of era 2 and era 4 have bugs and need to be repaired.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Abbasid Dynasty:
DY (1)
DY (2)
DY (3)

Mongols:
MN (1)
MN (2)
MN (3)

Chinese:

Wrong
CN (1)

correct
CN (2)

Wrong
CN (3)

1. There are chaotic upgrade bugs in the weapon appearance of all civilized crossbows:

According to the game upgrade rules, crossbow men used wooden crossbows in era 3 and steel crossbows in era 4. There are no problems with other civilizations, but only the appearance of Mongolian crossbow men’s weapons has not changed. They are still wooden crossbows. This is the first bug about crossbows.

The second bug occurred in the University. After upgrading the incremental arrows, the steel crossbow of other civilizations will turn back to wooden crossbow because of this technology. This itself is a bug, while the bug of Mongolian crossbow man is even more strange. It will directly become a unique golden crossbow.

In a word, please fix the bug about the chaotic upgrade of crossbow appearance to make it upgrade normally.

Only the appearance of Mongolian crossbow has not been upgraded:
CC (1)
CC (2)
MC (1)
MC (2)

After upgrading this technology, Mongolian and other civilized crossbows have different bugs:
IA
CCIA
MCIA

The correct upgrade order of crossbow appearance should be: era 3 wooden crossbow, era 4 steel crossbow, and then turn into gold crossbow after studying incremental arrows.

After “war elephant” upgraded crossbow technology + incremental arrows, the shape of the crossbow has not changed (it should have become a golden crossbow), and the shape of the characters has not changed (it should not continue to look like a bow Archer, but become a crossbow soldier)

QQ浏览器截图20211217165801
QQ浏览器截图20211217170311

1. It is difficult to distinguish between Zhuge crossbow and ordinary crossbow:

Zhuge crossbow has the same appearance as ordinary crossbow, but they are obviously not a type of unit (anti light armor, anti heavy armor).
Every time I use and counteract these two units at the same time, I need to spend so many time and attention to distinguish them carefully, which will undoubtedly have a great impact on the battle. Therefore, I suggest modifying one of the personnel models to distinguish them.
Here are two solutions:
A.Make a new personnel model for Zhuge crossbow or Chinese crossbow.
B.Directly apply the personnel model of Chinese archers. After all, these two are the units with the same purpose.

5.Mongolian knights can further rank by changing weapons:

As shown in the figure, knights in all countries have two weapon appearances, corresponding to the different appearances of Age3 and Age4.
Chinese knights have two different styles of Guan Dao, while European Knights have wooden lance and metal lance.

QQ浏览器截图20211124160024
QQ浏览器截图20211124160036

QQ浏览器截图20211124160331
QQ浏览器截图20211124160357

However, Mongolian Knights always use Chinese halberd without any change.
Then my suggestions are as follows:
As shown in the figure, the early Mongolian knights in the historical story mode used Chinese Lance.

This weapon(referring to Chinese lance)should continue to be used in normal mode by the early Mongolian Knights of age2 (although it has been cancelled) and the Mongolian Knights of Age3, while the 4-year-old Mongolian Knights continue to use the current Chinese halberd (no problem).

The production team can even directly replace the appearance of the Mongolian Knight of Age3 with the appearance of the cancelled early Mongolian knight.
Which can further increase the difference between unit upgrade.After all, the current version of Mongolian knights is too similar to see the change of upgrade.

QQ浏览器截图20211124160605
QQ浏览器截图20211124160618

In this way, weapons and armor will change with the upgrade. It is not only convenient for players to identify the level of knights and truly feel the changes brought by the upgrade, but also can increase the details of the game and will not affect the identification between units at all.

In addition, the Mongolian Knights of era 3 normally use Chinese / Mongolian knives in close combat, but they use the wrong European sword after the upgrade of era 4. This should be the problem omitted by the Mongolian Knights before the change. Please continue to repair it.
age3:
QQ浏览器截图20211217144245

age4:
QQ浏览器截图20211217143950

One thing to note is that the Chinese lance used by Mongolian knights in the early campaign is very similar to the weapons of Chinese spearmen, but the appearance of the spearhead and the color of the pole are different (more yellow). If the production team adopts my opinion, please pay attention to identification during modification.

6.The weapon upgrades of the Rus knight and the French Knight are out of Sync:

Both Rus and France have early knights. The weapons of French knights have three shapes (wood lance in era 2, half metal and half wood lance in era 3 and metal lance in era 4), while the Knights of Rus are all wood lance in era 2 / 3. They did not become metal lance until era 4. It is hoped that the production team can unify the weapon shape upgrade rules of Rus and French knights.

rus (1)
rus (2)
rus (3)

As early as during the test, I began to test repeatedly in the game and feed back these bugs in the forum. However, I waited again and again and was disappointed again and again.

As a history lover and detail controller, you can see that most of the bugs I feed back are of this type. Maybe they are less important than the repair of balance and stability, but I still hope that the production team can pay attention to the feedback of players like us and repair them as soon as possible.

I try my best to use easy to understand methods, such as screenshots, so that the production team can understand my feedback. I also hope that the production team can pay a little attention to these seemingly less important model bugs. Thank you for your efforts!

5 Likes

Polearm visuals are still an issue as of Update 8324. The correct polearm still only visible during the charge animation.

3 Likes

I hope they can pay attention to this bug and repair it as soon as possible. Of course, I hope they don’t repair it into a unified European halberd…

1 Like

Yeah, I hope they keep the unique appearances of the polearms, but simply make it so it is visible correctly, instead of only during the charge.

Everyone having a guisarme would be disappointing as other units gets appropriate weaponry!

1 Like

Since the previous feedback is locked, some new findings can only be informed here. I hope the production team can see them!

The production team do needs to work harder in these case.

1 Like

There werent a lot of visual fixes this patch apart from the elephants.

Though the list you have created is rather extensive! Hope they do a patch with only visual options.

1 Like

Maybe they are busy, but it seems that the efficiency is really a little low. I don’t know what caused it.

I can understand that there are more important things to do at this stage, such as repairing bugs that affect the game experience and preliminarily balancing the intensity of civilization. Of course, it would be better if these visual problems could be repaired. After all, they are also relatively easy to repair bugs.

1 Like

Hopefully it is fairly simple, I can understand that most devs are focused on more critical bugs etc. Would be very nice with some kind of confirmation of the issues that are presented.

I’m a bit worried they will forget about the issues! I mean the french voulge and the chinese spears look great!! Let us enjoy them without issue!!!

1 Like

We look forward to the reply from the developers.

This new topic does not simply integrate the previous feedback, but adds a lot of new information.

Thank you @ahioz9426. We appreciate the report and your attention to detail. I’ll make sure the team takes a look.

4 Likes

This post feeds back the following 3 bugs:

1.According to the game upgrade rules, crossbow men used wooden crossbows in era 3 and steel crossbows in era 4. There are no problems with other 7civ, but only the appearance of Mongolian crossbow men’s weapons has not changed.

Only the appearance of Mongolian crossbow has not been upgraded:
CC (1)
CC (2)
MC (1)
MC (2)

2.Chinese archer’s weapon call error:
Chinese archers and the following three units use exactly the same bow:
Abbasid Dynasty Camel archers cavalry
Mongols archers cavalry
Mongols Archers

The correct upgrade sequence should be:
Yellow wooden bow of era 2
White wooden bow of era 3
Golden bow of age 4

Only the Chinese archer’s composite bow has never changed. It is always the shape of the white wooden bow of era 2. The reason for this bug should be that the weapon model calls error. Please repair it as soon as possible to make the Chinese archer’s weapon upgrade consistent with the other three composite bow units.

In other words, only the Chinese archers of era 3 have no problems and need not be changed, while the weapons of Chinese archers of era 2 and era 4 have bugs and need to be repaired.

AD:
DY (1)
DY (2)
DY (3)

MN:
MN (1)
MN (2)
MN (3)

CN:

Wrong
CN (1)

correct
CN (2)

Wrong
CN (3)

3.The Mongolian Knights of era 3 use Mongolian Dao in melee, but they use European sword in era 4. It is correct that both era 3 and era 4 use Mongolian Dao.
age3:
QQ浏览器截图20211217144245
age4:
QQ浏览器截图20211217143950

1 Like